Discuss Volt drop question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys could do with a little advise on a rather large job re-wiring lamp posts in a car park. The supply will need to cover a distance of around 120M from mains to sub board where floods are already wired in 2.5mm SWA on 2 circuits the furthest travelling another 123M the other travelling around 75M.
Ive worked out that the sub feed would need to be of a 10mm CSA based on the distance from mains to sub board but how do i take into account the extra length of smaller run out from the sub board?

Cheers :crazy:

Reply to Volt drop question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, just looking for advice. Ive been to look at a Fire alarm install job. While checking where i will take my supply from. 3 phase sub board, i...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice on a volt drop query we have in our office. I'll explain the scenario and I would really appreciate any...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views
Now that SPD's must be fitted regardless, how does this stand from a sub-main perspective? Went to look at a job and they want a supply to a pre...
Replies
Views
I have a run of conduit 172ft from a 12x12 box which branches out to parking equipment with runs about 50ft from the box. My voltage drop calc...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock