Discuss Voltage regulation problem in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kimba

I live in Zimbabwe where they don't regulate the voltage. I checked the mains as i noticed a lot of equipment getting overly hot. It has been reading between 350 and 320 volts, when the regulation here is 220 to 240.

Is there a voltage regulator that i can install onto my mains power that will prevent the high voltage spikes from the grid?

Do you have a link for one of these pls? What is their max input voltage?

We did some work in Zim a few years ago. The supply there is atrocious. The systems we installed were fairly low power single phase and we ended up selling the customer a ferro-resonant UPS which did the trick. The one we sourced was made in SA by Power Man Linky

We couldn't find a supplier or manufacturer in Zim at the time so this might be your best bet.

there is- voltage regulation to drop it down if needed

there must be a mistake as your senstive equipment would be fried

Well we did lose a couple mobile phones. Also the touch screens on Ipads and laptop touch pads get all jittery when plugged in.

So, if i'm talking to an electrician here, what do i need to tell him in order to get him to address the voltage regulation?

Reply to Voltage regulation problem in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, When checking my consumer unit voltages with the full board off, I stumbled across something head scratching. Measuring the feed...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I was a commissiong technician before I retired. Hardware and software industrial automation. Miss the work but not the endless travel/...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've installed a Lorex doorbell recently, but it is not turning on. I did some tests using a multimeter and this is what I found...
Replies
Views
I may have posted this before but not sure if it made it in. I want to install an EV Charger in my garage. The panel is two stories up and the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock