Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

VW Amarok Forum

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum' started by Dan, May 23, 2011.

Discuss VW Amarok Forum in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Dan

Dan I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-) Staff Member

Checkout the new VW Amarok Forum. :)
    Whether you're in the market to buy one, have one on order, or just want to check them out, then the VW Amarok Forum should give you all the answers you're looking for.

VW Amarok Forum

2. Dan

They're smart. And will hold their value. Due to limited stock, people have bought the 23k one and are selling them for upto 27k already. Then sticking their name back down for next year with a nicer deposit on it, or some upgrades to the one they wanted. Very sought after at the moment.

3. RWJ

RWJ 8,030 day wonder Electrician's Arms

Let us know when you get one.... You can tour the country giving poor electricians a test drive!!!!! lol

4. Dan

It's far better than a L200 or Hilux or even Navara. Quality is much better with it being German. And the accessories you can get now already are brilliant.

Taking off now the forum has been online for a while. Check it out if you haven't already done so. VW Amarok Forum

5. paul wild

paul wild Regular EF Member

Hi guys,
    I have test drove one and their ok, Im a big vw fan i run a t5 transporter van for work,
    the pick ups have had some quality probs to start as they are made in Argentina they had probs with leaking front screen and back window,(probs sorted out at local uk dealer)
    From what my local dealer tells me thats seems to have been sorted out, so get your wallet out boys they are not cheap

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dan

They'll be made nearer to home very very soon.

They have been knocked a bit for their availability, and of parts too. But they're getting onto that. Proving to be much more popular than they thought I think.

7. paul wild

paul wild Regular EF Member

Their like hens teeth at the moment ,
    The short supply is keeping the prices up, would be nice to have more stock in the uk,
    My local dealer is now returning deposits cos he has sold next years allocation already ?

8. Dan

Any of you driving Amarok's yet?

9. Phil

Phil Guest

I wish :) you got one Dan?

10. Dan

Getting one next year. Ordering after Xmas but there's a 6 month wait at least. A mate has had one and they're huge, more the size of an american pickup like a ford range or dodge thing-me-bob. But economical too. And apparently really good off-road so I'll be taking it on some off-road days.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sambotc

sambotc Electrician's Arms

Another unreliable VW commercial to add to the portfolio no doubt. I wouldn't touch VW with a barge pole now after owning a mk4 golf, mk5 golf, VW transporter T5 and a vw crafter. They ain't what they used to be thats for sure. Always get the styling spot though i'll give them that.

12. Jimsparky

Jimsparky Guest

My old man received his on Friday. really awesome truck but as said earlier they are huge !! Like wide, high and long. but they really look the part !
    I can't wait wait till he gets rid of it in three years ;-)

13. danzor

danzor Trusted Advisor

a friend had one about a month ago, sent it back after 2 weeks due to so many faults with it

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dan

Had mine for a while now.

Anybody else got one yet?

They've fixed their few issues. And also released some upgrades. :)

15. Fin170

Fin170 Electrician's Arms

Not seen any back in Devon, not even on cattle market day when it's pick-up galore

See hundreds when I am working in Essex...think I can guess the target market without peeling away the bling :Mr-T:

• Like Like x 1