Discuss want to offer your customers 10% extra on generation tarrif post december in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aaaaagh - everywhere you go - Utilities Warehouse. How on earth do they get away without being challenged for misselling??????

What I object to is Utilities Warehouse claim to sell you the cheapest energy but in reality their offer is that they will be cheaper than the original supplier in your area.

In principle this looks ok but when you understand the utility market you realise that the original utiltiy in your area (ie the one who provided the power before the market was opened up) aren't allowed to reduce their prices until they have lost 40% of the market because of competition rules - what this means in reality is that instead of getting the cheapest deal from utility warehouse what you get is the second most expensive because the original utility provider is always the most expensive option in your area.

In short, you sign up with UW for the second most expensive utility deal, thinking it's the cheapest because of their clever marketing. Not many customers know this and unwittingly sign up to more expensive utility deals thinking they have got the cheapest.

Hope that makes sense.

but if you sign up with these not so popular electrical companies and your main fuse blows . . . . you have a problem as no one is interested

SRE , you are making no sence whatsoever "In principle this looks ok but when you understand the utility market you realise that the original utiltiy in your area (ie the one who provided the power before the market was opened up) aren't allowed to reduce their prices until they have lost 40% of the market because of competition rules - " name me one supplier that is still chargeing the same as at the start of deregualtion or less and i will buy everyone on the board a drink and conceed the point , granted they dont aim to be the cheapest but if you took a calculator out and did a little research you will find they have consistantly had the lowest off peak rates which you should find of particular interest if your in the PV game I can expain it to you but I cant understand it for you

All of the original providers in their original areas are more expensive than anyone else. I worked in this industry for 20 years, they aren't allowed to reduce their prices until they have lost 40% of their customer base because the government has deemed it un competitive to other utility companies. So ScottishPower in an area that was originally serviced by Npower are cheaper because Npower hasn't been allowed to reduce their prices in that area.

Having the lowest off peak rate is only useful if you use off peak electricity and it's the cheapest way to be seen to reduce prices without actually doing it. If your peak rate is 21p and your cheap rate is 3p does that mean because the 3p off peak rate is the cheapest that it's the best overall tariff?? The figures are examples to make a point not actual figures.

I have a friend who has worked for UW for a number of years and she has clarified their position, as has every other salesperson from UW who has contacted me to sell their wares. The problem is that if you read only the straplines and marketing info from UW and don't do your research then you think they provide you with the best deal when they rarely do.

UW for some people is a reasonable deal - they are usually people who are cash rich and time poor who don't have the time to constantly review their bills and like the convenience of having a single bill and don't mind not having the cheapest deal. What annoys me is when customers are sold 2p extra on their Fit payment on the basis that they are also getting the best utility deal when in most cases they clearly aren't.

It's no different to the argument about quality of work from the big nationals v the local installer - it's just more in your face at the moment from UW and usually from people who have taken the UW sales pitch without fully understanding it.

the fact is that 99% uw sales are part time house wives and general failures who know sfa ( i can honestly put my hand up and say support at the back end is disgraceful if you need stuff in a hurry) but it helped me sell me a 50 kw system to a farmer last week amongst other things at a 15k premium to next best quote when I averaged out his electricity costs he made an 18% saving on his total electricty bill as off peak at 4.5 p electric commercial , you find me anything under 7p off peak evening weekend from any other supplier and i will throw in a curry with the beer,

dont get me wrong some are very good and earn a packet most dont clear minimum wage though check out the annual reports on interactive investor tep.l is the share code every year they harp on about how many people they have recruited but the total sales forces just creeps up which means only one thing massive churn the recruitment policy is heartbeat check "your in " which leads to a lot of failed muppets im not assuming as i run a brokarage on the side so we have to have links with every supplier if one was the cheapest for everyone all the time there would only be one !

More crap through the post on Saturday from Utility Warehouse - referring to a conversation I've never had with them, pushing me to sign an agreement :13: you can't knock them down. I need to be more rude then maybe they will take the hint instead of seeing it as a challenge!

Reply to want to offer your customers 10% extra on generation tarrif post december in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net