• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss WANTED: 2014 Ford Transit Connect Trend 1.6 TDCI LWB in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a LWB 2014 Ford Transit Connect Trend 1.6 TDCI

If you happen to have one or know anyone,

I have got £11k~ to spend, cash waiting. Any colour considered, preferably less than 35k Miles.

it should look like the picture.

2015-ford-transit-connect-lwb-xlt-side-exterior-view_100515202_h.jpg

11 k on a bloody van. the phrase "more money than sense" springs into mind. loads of good vans a few years old for 4-5k.

You'll love me then Tel I've just spent 13k on a van lol

have to disagree with you tel, you will not a transit connect 13 or 14 plate for 5k actually they go for at least 8k+ vat
i said a few years old, not just out of nappies., with all the added gizmos that makes main dealers cry with delight when they fail. was thinking more of something around 08/09. or do as i did. 04 hiace cost me 1500 1 year ago and all it's cost me is a routine oil change. a van's a van, and it gets you and your gear from A to B.

Blimey, I'm looking at ex-DNO vans at the moment, racked out and with pipe and ladder carrier for around £4K and thinking its expensive!

What with prices you charge, anyway I thought your vehicle of choice would be a Defender, you know the ones with heated rear window to keep your hands warm when pushing.:auto::auto::auto::auto::auto:

What with prices you charge, anyway I thought your vehicle of choice would be a Defender, you know the ones with heated rear window to keep your hands warm when pushing.:auto::auto::auto::auto::auto:

It currently is a defender, I'm just thinking I should have something a bit more secure for the tools.
And the auto-hand-warming system is currently experiencing a minor technical issue of being broken ;)

I currently drive a 2004 Vauxhall combo 1.7DI with 170k on the clock, I want a significantly newer van with good quality cab like a car, I spend a fair bit of time in it and would just like a nice looking newish van.

if I spend £5k, I won't get a van that looks much better nor will it be any better inside.

I'm with Uk on this one when you spend a lot of time on the motorway like me it's nice to sit in something comfy and new, Take this week for example I have got to go and price a job up and it's a 7 hour round trip and I know my new van will get me there and back in comfort also my phone never stops ringing so things like built in bluetooth help. Also from a business point of view it will save me roughly 6k in tax over the next 2 years.
Tel the 16 plates are out today why don't you go and treat yourself!!! You know you want to lol

most of my work is fairly local. for the price of a new van i can drink myself to death and still have enough over for a decent wake when i kick the bucket. :angelsad2:

Blimey, I'm looking at ex-DNO vans at the moment, racked out and with pipe and ladder carrier for around £4K and thinking its expensive!

Where are they listed Dave? Just the usual avenues like Autotrader?

a van's a van, and it gets you and your gear from A to B.

Unless it's a Renault Kangoo, if I'm remembering your little digs correctly!

(Yep, I know you were joking - at least I hope you were!)

I just got this exact van. A 65 plate Transit Connect L2 Trend on a 3 year lease. Excellent van, with Bluetooth, Cruise Control and DAB radio. Drives like a car, and is a pleasure to drive. Just back from a 5 hour round trip. Loads of room in cab and the back.

It only needs to be big enough for a matress in the back... Seriously though dont waste your time on a small van, get a transporter or vivaro size that way you can fit more gear/ stage an orgy in the back

My Connect L2 is nearly as long as my mates Nissan Primstar so the only thing I loose is a bit of height so don't necessarily agree to go for a custom/ VW (common as muck and fashion statement) Transporter size van.
L2 connect is better to drive and has loads more kit in it and is half the cost of equivalent VW etc....

Last edited:
I checked out the kitchen lad i often work with new merc lwb Citan today .almost as long as my swb trafic sport. A bit small for me tbh .
he does have some nice vantainer racking in it for all his festool boxes which does tidy things up.
i think they are pretty much a Renault kangoo with a merc badge.its not as nice as a connect looks wise
i have a new trafic sport on order ,I'll stick with what I know.

Reply to WANTED: 2014 Ford Transit Connect Trend 1.6 TDCI LWB in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net