Discuss Warm Up Underfloor Heating in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

nc12345

Hi Guys im quoting for a job which has three different areas of underfloor heating all being the Warm up manufacturer , to be honest I have never fitted the stuff , from what I can gather the draw isn't huge and looks fine to run from the existing ring main , however one of the areas is potentially 16sqm and I was wondering if any of you would suggest running in a dedicated supply ? Also any of you that are familiar with the stuff any tips and hints would be much appreciated . Sorry I havnt got much more information like wattages etc as the client couldn't tell me much . Thanks to any replys in advance.

work out your loadings first.

no there usually not very high current drawing units, but a large area could easily add up.

make sure you don't overload the controller either

i always put underfloor heating on their own dedicated radial anyway.

Yep, as above ^^ straightforward to install, but be clear what floor area and wattage of mat/cable is proposed to know your loadings in advance. Dedicated radial if poss, especially for heavier loads.

If you are specifying and opting for cable rather than mat, follow the manuf guidelines on length of cable as you can't simply cut off any excess! (sorry if this is stating the obvious).

Regards.

Hhmm well without knowing the load of the heating system then we cannot advise on if it needs to be on a dedicated supply. I've just fitted a 16 metre square system at 150w per sq metre. Do the maths :D

I don't fit anything else but Warm Up and I always stick it on its own 16A radial if possible, if its a tiddler (5sqm) then off the ring is fine, especially if there are two rings in the house, if its a bungalow if definitely run dedicated circuit

Hi Guys thanks for the replys , yeah I would certainly put it on its own circuit but its looking extremely difficult to do that , I have just been looking up the spec and its looking at roughly 12a so should be fine of the ring .

fitted loads, usually small areas (small floor area bathrooms and kitchens ) Just make sure no lumps and bumps on surface, use the primer they supply (or tape won't stick (if wire type) ). Make sure you test it before tiler starts his stuff ( and let tiler know its been tested ) I usually switch it on to prove my point (briefly). I do not say this in jest, i have in the past fitted matt and then when it came to testing again after tiling 'nothing worked 'fortunatly for me i had already shown matt to be working to householder.

I fitted to warm up mats today, 16 amp radial on rcd max it said. Nice bit of kit videos are on there website and there's a free helpline. Remember to test mats before fitting and during :)

Make sure you fit 10/6mm insulated thermal boards underneath the heating elements, this will have a dramatic effect on the speed & efficency of how they work.

Reply to Warm Up Underfloor Heating in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock