Discuss Warning Lables on Grid Switch. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mpb

-
Reaction score
I've been to an office block today to move some lights in a suspended ceiling and label the light switches with it's operation. There was a 12 way grid switch with 3 banks of 3 switches and an emergency light test switch. Each bank of switches was fed via its own mcb and on a different phase.

Do I need to put a warning label on the switch warning that it contains 415 volts and it needs isolating at multiple supplies?

Many thanks

Martin

The label can be fitted onto the grids behind the cover plate

agree^^^^^, but i might be inclined to fit a 415V sticker on the front plate.

bloody european bugger rats might say it's 400V but my meter says 415V. i know which of the two can be trusted.

Reply to Warning Lables on Grid Switch. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Due to an increase in load for a subman, I now need 2 phases for an outbuilding. Original design was 63a supply, but now an electric shower and...
Replies
Views
I'm in the US and not an electrician, but I know how to use a multimeter. I'm replacing a Lutron MACL-153M electronic dimmable light switch...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone might find this a challenging puzzle - I'd be grateful for any help and sorry in advance for the lengthy description! I think...
Replies
Views
A slight rant. Having just finished a spate of commercial EICRs I really can't understand why we tolerate these wretched things: 1 - I now expect...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice, I have been issued a drawing of a large warehouse lighting layout. the drawing shows 72 high bay lights...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock