Discuss Washing machine installed in electrical riser in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mihobb

Hi Guys

Can anyone let me know who I can contact to discuss this installation? I work for a company in laundry industry. We (not me but our install team - most clever ladies in the office and bunch of subcontractors) installed washer in the riser. I escalated this issue 3 months ago during post install check and asked for an update how it was resolved after a while bit my line manager could jot give me an answer. I have come across fault call today on this site, washer leaking, riser flooded.
I tried to google contact number on local council but I can contact them via their website only, asking thousands of silly not related questions.
Can anyone advise which specific regulation apply that it can not be there?
We are large company but it looks to me that people in the office don't bother. More important for them is that we sold machine and get money for service.

I would appreciate any help..

quote reg. 515.1. detrimental influences on other services.

apart from any regulations, it's just plain bloody stupid.

Thanks for your comments so far.
Washer is on second floor and dryer (electrical) on third floor, there is also main gas supply for building next to the dryer. It is 4 floor bulding with flats.
I mean this room should be locked up and not accessible to anyone, same upstairs where the dryer is. I also spoke to customer but they said they had washer there before and it is fine with them.
IMG_9285.jpg

You are going to have difficulty finding a Regulation from BS7671 to say that shouldn't be there. Does it restrict access, probably not and I am not sure I would define that as a riser.

Shouldn't a room with exposed metering and unlocked DB's be restricted access?
That depends whether there is a risk to non skilled persons which there probably isn't plus it looks like there are key meters which residents, assuming it is residential may need access to.

So, I am back on site, this time for the dryer fault.
Washer is still in the same location and noone knows how my complaint was resolved within company.
See photo of the dryer attached. Main gas supply next to it. There should be clear area within the room for fresh air supply but there isn't. They keep door opened with fire extinguisher instead, blocking emergency exit sign.

IMG_9664.JPG

IMG_9665.JPG

IMG_9666.JPG

Reply to Washing machine installed in electrical riser in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net