Discuss Washing Machine Won't Stop in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SimpleSimon

Anyone help me with this one please? It's my own washing machine, last night the cycle just went on and on and on and didn't stop on slow spin, eventually had to turn it off but when I turned it back on and tried to Start the cycle again, same thing. There is a load in there, anyone know of any solutions?

possibility of a blocked pump. water won't go so stops the cycle from going forward.

I've got a pump our function on the dial. It's a good shout as when I tried to pump the water out in drained from the drum but wouldn't finish and unlock the door. Hmm easy to fix?

Isolate from power
Gain access to top and rear of machine
Remove top (the machine that is, not your's :) )(screws at rear)
Reach hand down front and release door catch (easier said than done but not impossible, try pulling the cable attached to the lock)
Mop up water from floor
Remove smelly clothes (they may be a bit rank by now)
You may then be able to investigate blocked tubes etc as others have suggested
I take it the machine spins ok? Whilst not impossible, this is more likely to be a blocked pipe than an electrical problem.

I've had the pleasure of sorting a mine (hotpoint washer / dryer) this week and this is what I did.(same problem as yours, wouldn't pump out water and kept spinning) On the front at the bottom ( you may have to remove a plastic trim or skirt if it's built in).
Simply remove by turning (have a load of towels at the ready) and twist off. You will get the whole drum of water out here. Depending on what model you have try and remove any lint or just general cr*p you find in the filter. On ours there is a pipe running from the washer into the pump and it's hard to get to. What I used was a length of net curtain wire, with hook and just keep fishing out anything blocking the machine. I have children and I don't know how, but I've found coins, hair clips, marbles and a small car. Other than that, I am not sure.

Good Luck Anyway

if you find a £1 coin, it's mine.

I have a problem with our washing machine not stopping as well.

She just keeps filling the damn thing up with clothes and using it continually

I hope you treat her properly for all this effort she puts in keeping you and yours nice and clean. She deserves no less than the top of the range steam iron and matching ironing board for when the clothes are dried.:shades_smile:

Cheers.........Howard

Washing Machine Won't Stop mouse - EletriciansForums.netwhich reminds me. just bought her indoors a new mouse for her computer

Well lads I emptied the front filter yesterday but still nothing. It worked once when I went through a dry run. (ie no load or detergents.) but than put the clothes back in and it was just the same. Over and over. If I put it on a separate rinse and spin it will drain and also if I pump it out. So I'm really not too sure now Olof it's electrical or plumbing. :/

Im thinking the PCB is broken. :/ trouble is, with about £80 just for the part, and it may not be right. It's not much more to get a comet guy out for the trouble. Grrrr I hate it when I can't solve things. :banghead:

Reply to Washing Machine Won't Stop in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock