Discuss Washing Machine Won't Stop in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

He mentioned the door was stuck too.

I would check as topquark said, if not sounds like PCB due it doing random things and intermittently working.

Try with drum empty again to to see if the first empty drum run was a coincidence.

Well it won't now stop with or without the load so the only way to get water is to use the pump out function which does work. Really thinking PCB problems.

buy domestic appliance breakdown cover from , say, grittish bass, then after a week, phone them.

Hi Simon, Your machine's symptoms are a common Indesit/Hotpoint problem. It is caused by a faulty heater element. The wash controller won't change cycle to rinse until the set water temperature is correct, so it goes on washing cold indefinitely because it never sees the water temperature correct signal. You can verify this fault by setting to '11' (Quick Wash) and selecting 'No heat' on the front panel. The machine should complete the cycle. This is useful if you have a washing load that has sat in waste water for while as it allows a full cold wash. If this test works confirm the diagnosis in the usual manner by disconnecting the element, first test element resistance between heater terminals it should be in the region of 20 ohms if good, and then IR test between either heater terminal and the ground tag, if <2M ohms replace the element. A new element for this model is approx £25. See link below:
Indesit Washing Machine Element

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing I have found is the small tube goin to the water level air pressure switch can get blocked telling the pump to keep goin, pull it off the switch and blow down it if you cant is choked, similarly if you get a tube on the end of the switch and blow you should here it click if it dont get a new one
Pict

Hi Simon, Your machine's symptoms are a common Indesit/Hotpoint problem. It is caused by a faulty heater element. The wash controller won't change cycle to rinse until the set water temperature is correct, so it goes on washing cold indefinitely because it never sees the water temperature correct signal. You can verify this fault by setting to '11' (Quick Wash) and selecting 'No heat' on the front panel. The machine should complete the cycle. This is useful if you have a washing load that has sat in waste water for while as it allows a full cold wash. If this test works confirm the diagnosis in the usual manner by disconnecting the element, first test element resistance between heater terminals it should be in the region of 20 ohms if good, and then IR test between either heater terminal and the ground tag, if

Hi Markie.
Seems you have hit the nail on the head. Im going to make a double check and put on a wash with no heat on normal setting. If that's the case the rest should be pretty standard to find out :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Simon, Your machine's symptoms are a common Indesit/Hotpoint problem. It is caused by a faulty heater element. The wash controller won't change cycle to rinse until the set water temperature is correct, so it goes on washing cold indefinitely because it never sees the water temperature correct signal. You can verify this fault by setting to '11' (Quick Wash) and selecting 'No heat' on the front panel. The machine should complete the cycle. This is useful if you have a washing load that has sat in waste water for while as it allows a full cold wash. If this test works confirm the diagnosis in the usual manner by disconnecting the element, first test element resistance between heater terminals it should be in the region of 20 ohms if good, and then IR test between either heater terminal and the ground tag, if <2M ohms replace the element. A new element for this model is approx £25. See link below:
Indesit Washing Machine Element

What a super reply, well done. More importantly, thank you for sharing it with us.

Reply to Washing Machine Won't Stop in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net