Discuss Ways to further my career as an electrician? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jake Howard

A little bit about me; I'm 22 years old and have an NVQ Level 3 17th edition. I went into an apprenticeship straight after school at the age of 16. After 3 years I am now qualified with an aditional 3 years experience. I'm now starting to think about my future and I want to explore what choices I have as an electrician.

Im looking for information/advice on what I can do to further myself. Such as aditional qualifications, and how to work my way up the ladder to become supervisor and so on. What experience do I need?
Also what are the specialized fields that an electrician can get into? I know I could go in solor panels or fire alarm systems, things like that. But I enjoy all the techinal parts, so I was thinking maybe design? But I dont know where I should begin.
I still love all the hands on and practical parts of an electrican. Is there maybe any fields that allow for that, plus more specialized techinal work?

I'm really just hoping to get some advice from some more experinced electricians on how I can improve and make more of myself as an electrican.

Any information/adivice would be much apreciated.

Inspection and testing certs would be a good place to start city and guilds 2394/2395, then maybe your city and guilds 2396 and/or HNC in electrical and electronic engineering.

Reply to Ways to further my career as an electrician? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, I am looking for advice on electrical careers, i currently work in the access control industry of which i have a deep level of...
Replies
Views
I have been working as an electrician under an NICEIC Approved Contractor for the past 10 years. I have my C&G2365 level 1/2/3 (acquired before...
Replies
Views
I'm unsure if I should be an electrician or maybe another trade is better. I have basically completed my first year of a foundation in...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I am wondering about becoming an electrician of some form or another and thought to come to an...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm a professional mobile app developer. Around 12-13 years ago I created a couple of apps for the fire protection / safety industry that...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock