Discuss Website build and email address in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Could anyone advise me or recommend somewhere that can build me a website and somewhere I can sort out my own email address please. I'd like to be able to send emails to people with a letterhead of the company on it. I haven't a clue how to sort any of the above out!!

Cheers in advance.

Thanks all, I was thinking about go daddy, I'm just exploring the choices I have, Hightower I am not in a massive rush either, probably well into next year when I will be needing anything. I am hoping to pay somebody to do it for me Murdoch, well that's the idea anyway, I'm not the kind of person who's looking to get stuff done for nowt, even if I am from Yorkshire!

Thanks all, I was thinking about go daddy, I'm just exploring the choices I have, Hightower I am not in a massive rush either, probably well into next year when I will be needing anything. I am hoping to pay somebody to do it for me Murdoch, well that's the idea anyway, I'm not the kind of person who's looking to get stuff done for nowt, even if I am from Yorkshire!

Perhaps we can come to some sort of arrangement then, I'll gladly help you (or anyone else) set up a web presence.

I'm using GoDaddy. Fine for a simple site. I have a domain for my business that gets forwarded to my personal emails.
The other useful thing is a local phone number that re-directs to my mobile or voicemail.

https://www.ovh.co.uk/web-hosting/website/wordpress.xml
Highly recommended. It's a one-click install. All setup for you. Free domain name I think too. Monthly fee that's really reasonable. Super fast hosting. Wont have issues with it down the line if you get busy with it.

Then once it's installed, you can select a template (thousands of free ones are awesome). Then install some plugins to help it rank well. One's called "all-in-one-seo-pack" which you one-click install and turn it on, it does it all for you.

Then it's a case of filling it with a bit of content.

The minimum pages to start with are as follows:-

Homepage - the page you land on
Services page - helps you rank for the services you provide in your area
Area's Covered - helps you rank for the areas you provide the services in
Contact us - well somebody has to
Examples of our work - fill it with pictures
Feedback / Reviews - fill it yourself or use an external firm like trust pilot or whatever.
Blog - you can enable this part of wordpress later if you just want to get it online quickly, but eventually you want to choose certain things to help your website rank. So a blog with a title of "Distribution Board Replacement Costs in Manchester" if cleverly setup, will eventually rank somewhere for that term in Google. So you'll get a call or two over the year for that kinda job. Do one or two blogs a month, and after 12 - 18 months your website will be earning enough to employ a bloke and you sit at home just billing people. :D

Theme Directory — Free WordPress Themes - https://en-gb.wordpress.org/themes/ - Some free themes.

Happy to offer any advice and answer any questions FOC with regards to websites, domains and seo.

I do, haha!

Sadly could never be replicated again. Although I hear Alex is doing very well indeed with his new start up. What a running jump $1mil can give you aye ;)

Reply to Website build and email address in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net