Discuss website in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rich67577

Any one on here build website can give me a roughy idea on how much to build on for me as I'd like my own web site

Before any one goes on
I no I can build on for free or a small fee
but I'm not very good with computers so would just be a headache I don't need
So easier to pay to have on built if the price is right

Last edited by a moderator:
Sites all depend on what you want like animation etc. I would stay away from vista print, yell etc that offer basic often crappy sites that every jo blogs uses.

I charge a minimum of £150 for unlimited pages where as others will charge £50 per page. All sites are do are cms and available to update via your phone and stuffs.a couple of sites below

Lindasdazzlingwhites.co.uk

Emp-electrical.com

I had one built for about £250. All fee's were sorted to keep domain name for a few years and hosting for one year. Things you may need before you start is personalised photos of your OWN work, maybe some case studies or testimonials? Hope this helps...

You can build your own site for litrally nothing, google SMF and upload the software via a £3 a month host, the domain could be free, however you will have to upload pictures and insert script etc, in saying this it may look pretty average and you may decide to go with a company, £20.00 a month isn't unusual with some companies.

I guess it all depends on your it/web skills and if you have any spare money....

I paid for mine to be designed and hosted, initially with 4 pages and over time I've improved it.

Annual cost for hosting, email x 10 accounts (only use 2) and tech support if £99.00 - so a deal I'm happy with.

I dibble and dabble in the free sites, he is one i made a little while back for someone who just started out in the photography business:

www.florenceberry.com

It cost £35 for a year of hosting and about £12 or something for the domain for a couple of years.

I own www.sdjphotography.co.uk which I use simply for a test bed. Ill set it up properly one day but at the moment I just can't be bothered!

I find that WordPress is extremely easy to use and adjust as you go, many themes are free and some require a fairly small payment.

Before you pay someone, do a little research, you'd be surprised how easy it is!

I'm in the same boat. Want to start a site myself, but web design isn't exactly my strong point. Thanks for the suggestions so far, interesting stuff.

It's easy creating a website using Wordpress or joomla but you have to think how your going to reach out to people. And also if you want to use it for promotional use on google, bing, etc etc. you need to research Search engine optimisation. I'm in the same boat ATM.

Check out my site.
Http://www.electricaloflondon.co.uk/

And also the new site that I will be changing to:
Http://www.electricaloflondon.co.uk/new

If you need any help private message me.

Or also speak to Dan, I've read some of his post that are very useful.

My locksmith friend pays a company around 400 quid a month for optimisation and the hosting and google sponsored links. Which in all fairness gets him loads of work.

It's easy creating a website using Wordpress or joomla but you have to think how your going to reach out to people. And also if you want to use it for promotional use on google, bing, etc etc. you need to research Search engine optimisation. I'm in the same boat ATM.

Check out my site.
Http://www.electricaloflondon.co.uk/

And also the new site that I will be changing to:
Http://www.electricaloflondon.co.uk/new

If you need any help private message me.

Or also speak to Dan, I've read some of his post that are very useful.

My locksmith friend pays a company around 400 quid a month for optimisation and the hosting and google sponsored links. Which in all fairness gets him loads of work.

£4800 per year - that sounds like a rip off!

i no what you guys are saying, i mean i wouldn't pay it either, but i can tell you it generates him so much work it is unreal. Mind you his trade is quite difficult to get into, and also find customers for as they usually go main stealers. had much luck doing your site yet bud?

Go to 1 and 1 where you can buy and host your own domain name for as little as £4.99 a month. plenty of website templates to choose from and all you have to do is type in the info. NEVER let a web designer control your domain name, buy it and have it redirected if needs be....

Anyone used the iMac software to design a website?
ive never really needed a website as I don't advertise as it is.
but I suppose in these fast moving times I should really think about it.

try wordpress,it is simple and easy with a lot of beautiful free templates... my site was build by it
You don't need to know the html or css etc,just like writing articles
my site as below:
www.pv-solarpanel.com
only cost a domain name and a host,the template cost £90 that's all.

Reply to website in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net