Discuss website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not bad really looks professional tbh did it cost a lot? The only thing I noticed was you could do with more Facebook likes fine detail that !!

Nice looking web site but have to agree with Murdoch good work if you can do PAT at those prices ....... have you checked your local competitiors charges for PAT?

Does look good. Yea there is no address for post.

Did you get a company to make it?? You might want them to fiddle with it...on a phone it cuts off the last inch or two on the right of the page.

Honest feedback here, please don't take as a dig as things look good over all but there are many improvements to be made to give you a shot at being listed higher on Google. I shall list them here:

1. get rid of your email address and rely soley on the contact form, you will be snowed under by spam otherwise!
2. you need facebook like and G+1 buttons linked in to your site, but more importantly you need to get people to click them!
3. your content is mediocre at best, you need much more of it.
4. you have no keywords??? 'electrician oxford' or 'electrician oxfordshire' should be everywhere they can be without making the site look spammy. Your content needs to be keyword rich and there should be use of keywords in your <title>, <meta "description">, <H1> and <H2> tags at the very least.
5. your image 'alt' tags should be littered with keywords!
6. your 'Welcome to NDH Electrical Solutions.' banner should be an <H1> tag not an <H2> tag and should include a keyword as well.
7. you should have an address on your contact page.
8. you have barely any text/content on your 'gallery' page, Google doesn't like contentless pages.
9. the layout of your code will make your site very hard for google to read. I would arrange so that you can get your actual content as close to the top as possible, at the moment there is about 80-90% <head> and the rest <body>, this balance needs readdressing!
10. There are too many </div> tags, more than there are <div> tags and many of them need rearranging to enable easier scrolling of the site by the SE robots.
11. get some key local geographical areas covered in the footer of each page.

If someone else designed your website, show this post to them and they will know what this all means.

Other than that, good first effort :)

Honest feedback here, please don't take as a dig as things look good over all but there are many improvements to be made to give you a shot at being listed higher on Google. I shall list them here:

1. get rid of your email address and rely soley on the contact form, you will be snowed under by spam otherwise!
2. you need facebook like and G+1 buttons linked in to your site, but more importantly you need to get people to click them!
3. your content is mediocre at best, you need much more of it.
4. you have no keywords??? 'electrician oxford' or 'electrician oxfordshire' should be everywhere they can be without making the site look spammy. Your content needs to be keyword rich and there should be use of keywords in your <title>, <meta "description">, <H1> and <H2> tags at the very least.
5. your image 'alt' tags should be littered with keywords!
6. your 'Welcome to NDH Electrical Solutions.' banner should be an <H1> tag not an <H2> tag and should include a keyword as well.
7. you should have an address on your contact page.
8. you have barely any text/content on your 'gallery' page, Google doesn't like contentless pages.
9. the layout of your code will make your site very hard for google to read. I would arrange so that you can get your actual content as close to the top as possible, at the moment there is about 80-90% <head> and the rest <body>, this balance needs readdressing!
10. There are too many </div> tags, more than there are <div> tags and many of them need rearranging to enable easier scrolling of the site by the SE robots.
11. get some key local geographical areas covered in the footer of each page.

If someone else designed your website, show this post to them and they will know what this all means.

Other than that, good first effort :)

WTF?!?!?! You a website expert? That was all highly technical!

I invested in a website about 4 years ago. I've never spent any money on SEO, and I'm always top of the list for my area when people do a search!

WTF?!?!?! You a website expert? That was all highly technical!

I dabbled in computer stuff when I was a kid, I was well into hacking and stuff even though when I look back now I was merely playing at it. I just find computers easy and code is something I have always been used to working with from creating tools and silly little games on my commodore 64 as a kid to now with the home automation stuff we do. I'm no expert at web design by any stretch of the imagination as anyone with a bit of technical knowledge would be able to see, but it is just basic code at the end of the day. I managed to create my own HTML/CSS based website from scratch and get it on to the first page of Google in my area for the top keywords relating to electricians in that area. A bit of regular research is all that is needed as Google is constantly changing it's algorithms.

Although I would in no way consider myself an authority on web design and/or SEO, I know a little and can speak from experience :)

I dabbled in computer stuff when I was a kid, I was well into hacking and stuff even though when I look back now I was merely playing at it. I just find computers easy and code is something I have always been used to working with from creating tools and silly little games on my commodore 64 as a kid to now with the home automation stuff we do. I'm no expert at web design by any stretch of the imagination as anyone with a bit of technical knowledge would be able to see, but it is just basic code at the end of the day. I managed to create my own HTML/CSS based website from scratch and get it on to the first page of Google in my area for the top keywords relating to electricians in that area. A bit of regular research is all that is needed as Google is constantly changing it's algorithms.

Although I would in no way consider myself an authority on web design and/or SEO, I know a little and can speak from experience :)

Sounds just like my misguided youth lol
First website I ever built was at school for the sole purpose of by passing the schools filters so we could download games to the network :p

We also took over the schools servers one day when they accidentally left the doors open.
Sadly that kind of backfired as they shut the network down for 3 days to rectify our mischievous doings!

They never did find out it was me and my mates :D

I like. Hey you is in good hands. the website is hosted in UK. It all validates. The only thing is alt description missing on the images. If you have big competition in your area a .Co.uk name might have been better than .com.

Otherwise spot on mate. As I said I like.:)

I do like your website but In my opinion and you probably won't like this but change the name. A company name which uses initials followed by electrical solutions Is so common now. Its not original. With so many similar company names its hard for potential customers to remember one from the other. People tend to remember a name much easier or two initials before a surname. Also by having your surname ppl have an idea of the man behind the business. Ppl like that.

Reply to website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net