Discuss Weirdest Complaints.. You've Ever Had From Strange Customers in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Had one who accused me of stealing her Husbands tools, ergo an electric drill with my name on it. Told her to go and see Abdul the Taxidermist, no racist pun intended just an old phrase I'm sure most people know of.

One customer ask me why I had to start at 8am as she did not get up till 8.30 and needed at lest 2 hours to wake up, she then said can you not work between 12 and 2 as she needs some pice, had to finish work at 4pm sow the help could get the dinner ready, it was only a 5 bed rewire in a listed cottage after 3 days she told me it was taking too long and she would get some one else who could work faster, tools in van drive home f??k this, husband rings says sorry takes her away for 3 weeks to some ware hot, I get job done they come back from holiday she thinks I have done a great job she now has egg67 mornings fitted in to her(let's say no more)

A colleague of mine, female, quite good looking, not that this has anything to do with things, told me her Husband a Government Scientist had rewired her house from a book. Rings me up at work "could I have a look at a socket her old man had installed was giving her tingles. Husband/Scientist right I'll have a butchers, told her it was done all wrong, the B-- lady only contacted my boss to say I had tried to con her, the lesson learnt, no more mate rate jobs, ever.

I once got told not to return to a site where I was working" because the lights not longer worked". I tried to point out that the lady had engaged me specifically to remove the lights but she wouldn't have any of it as I "should have known better" that it would make the extension dark and I should have told her in advance !

I once got told not to return to a site where I was working" because the lights not longer worked". I tried to point out that the lady had engaged me specifically to remove the lights but she wouldn't have any of it as I "should have known better" that it would make the extension dark and I should have told her in advance !

Love it!!!!!!!!!!

We once went out to install some extra sockets in a house that was newly decorated. When we informed the customer that we'd have to chase out in order to install the cables he told us to leave. "You don't know what you're doing! I don't want cables, I just want sockets on the wall that work"

The bloke was a Judge!

I would have thought this thread would be much longer than this. There's nowt queer as folk.

Went to look at a non electrical job for a friend this afternoon, just a bit of cement needed Pete 10 mins jobs a good un, concrete base required for a conservatory, some brick pillars to build, some bloke had told her the house had no earth, she let a room to a student who, apparently jumped up and down when he was a bit high and since the lighting hadn't worked, how long would it take to do, the lot, and would it cost more than a ton? couldn't get away quick enough.

I once had a call from a customer 3 years after I changed a consumer unit for her. She explained that the sockets were tripping off and I needed to come and sort it out.
I quoted her my hourly rates and she went bonkers "I'm not paying you a penny, you need to come and sort it out for free."
I explained that I offer a years free service after any work but it had been over three years now and any fault finding work would be chargeable.
"But you put them trip thingies in and it's them that's tripping it off, so it's your fault. If you hadn't put them they wouldn't be tripping and I'd still have power"

o_O

It turned out to be a dodgy socket front. She gladly paid me once shown it.

I once had a call from a customer 3 years after I changed a consumer unit for her. She explained that the sockets were tripping off and I needed to come and sort it out.
I quoted her my hourly rates and she went bonkers "I'm not paying you a penny, you need to come and sort it out for free."
I explained that I offer a years free service after any work but it had been over three years now and any fault finding work would be chargeable.
"But you put them trip thingies in and it's them that's tripping it off, so it's your fault. If you hadn't put them they wouldn't be tripping and I'd still have power"

o_O

It turned out to be a dodgy socket front. She gladly paid me once shown it.

I had almost the same scenario except it was an old guy that had 'made' his own bread dough prover and it kept tripping the RCBO! He got real shirty!

The only time I've ever been ejected from a house was by a couple because I wouldn't falsify a PIR. One of them had wired an extension themselves and the council wouldn't sign it off

Last edited by a moderator:
The only time I've ever been ejected from a house was by a couple because I wouldn't falsify a PIR. One of them had wired an extension themselves and the council wouldn't sign it off
I do hope building control didn't get a phone call explaining they were demanding false paperwork for substandard DIY work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to put a new consumer unit into a commercial kitchen extension. Sockets and cooker points fitted. Two days later they put all the stuff back in and I get a call. One of them trips you put in is faulty it keeps tripping out!! I don't think it will be that But ill come and check. Gets there and socket RCBO keeps tripping. "Its never done it before you came here" Search round and trace the fault to a glass cleaner. Element in the bottom is sat in water and all the MICA is off the corners of it. I said "Theres your problem mate" OH right would that be why the Waitresses were saying their fingers were tingling when washing the glasses!!!!

When I worked for SEC , the lady customer accused the apprentice of urinating in the airing cupboard , she took the lagging jacket of the tank and washed it, the red segments of the lagging jacket were then hung on the washing line full of water like red balloon , she was of her head , we walked of site....

I do hope building control didn't get a phone call explaining they were demanding false paperwork for substandard DIY work.
We're clearly on the same page. They initially refused to pay me so I emailed them and asked them if they wanted a copy of the report I was going to write sending to BC. Paid the same day and emailed to inform me there was no need!

Very similar situation , Got a phone call about some work , paid a visit to quote etc , guy had done all the work himself and wanted me to do minimal work and an installation cert , explained I would only certify what I install , he then didn't want to know or pay me for my time , especially since I had travelled 6 miles , Needless to say the LABC were informed..

Reply to Weirdest Complaints.. You've Ever Had From Strange Customers in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net