Discuss Wera Rubbish Quality in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have always used wera screw drivers the only thing which I hate, when using the pz1&2 when the magnetics on tips go I now carried a magnet in the tool box for them.
I have brought over the years banco c k all rubbish .

Only ever used Snap-on,Gedore,Facom and Spiralux,for my own work...all i have ever done with those,is strip,shear and round...

I have broke many a driver in torsion,usually Pozi or Phillips,but have been bemused by the fact that many of the "alleged" top marques,Wera,Bahco,etc,seem to have a great variance in quality,for the same item.
You can purchase three identical drivers from the same manufacturer,at different times,and two will twist tips off in succession while the third lasts forever... cue;pep-talk in the heat treatment department :)

I think a lot of the plus/minus screwdrivers get broken because there's several different types of + - screw (PZ/SL, modulo or whatever they call them....).

In + - screws you get philips 1&2, you also get pozi 1&2 and I've also seen Supadriv screws in a couple of items as well. If you use a PH/SL driver in a PZ/SL screw or vice versa it will likely shear the driver tip.

Basically a mixture of user error and manufacturer inconsistancies - verdict
- you can't win but you can be more careful
- when you buy a screwdriver buy 5 from the same batch
- work in Tescos

I only use Wera screwdrivers, interchangeable set, Torx set, and the 7 piece Pozi/ flat head set.( also joker spanners and 1/4" drive sockets, and bitcheck set). The only one to break was the PZ1, but I put that down to the eejit using it, trying to unscrew a seized PH1 screw. Wrong tool in both respects.

never had any probs with wiha or irazolas. i find my AEG 18V imact driver excellent for doing up CU terminals and the bits are only 20p if i break one.

Reply to Wera Rubbish Quality in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock