Discuss What do you think is the easiest trade in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I know this is quite a broad question eg bricklaying quite physically deamaning but not that mentally demanding no offence to any brickies. I'm not elitist. But had someone ask me and answered and said they are all hard in differnt ways. what do yo guys think the "easiest" trade is.

painting. is only slopping paint over everything that doesn't move.takes a bit of skill getting paint in sparks' toolboxes though.

I think might agree with you their. Prob is easiest trade can think off. anyone else think of a trade thats easier "tiling" maybe.

gaffer. that's got to be the easiest. or scam provider. sit back doing nothing useful while the money rolls in

painting. is only slopping paint over everything that doesn't move.takes a bit of skill getting paint in sparks' toolboxes though.

Rolling ceilings with extension pole - hard graft, plus making everyone else's work 'invisible'. No thanks!

I think might agree with you their. Prob is easiest trade can think off. anyone else think of a trade thats easier "tiling" maybe.

On a flat, square surface with easy cuts, yes maybe, but some of those packs weigh a bit!

Ceiling fixer

Aching shoulders/arms and neck and plasterboard dust in eye!

gaffer. that's got to be the easiest. or scam provider. sit back doing nothing useful while the money rolls in

Gaffer has responsibility and buck stops there! Scheme provider - don't know really.

Window cleaner or power washer if you would class them as trades.

Great in good weather!

Bottom of the tradesman ladder ....painter definitely .
though if the painting is bad on a job it makes everything look bad.
when I left school if you wanted a trade you had to do a citb test that determined what direction you got pointed in
top billing was the sparky( how things have changed!)
next up the plumber
bottom of the heap if you couldn't write your name yep the painter.

Got some philosophers on this thread but if you way up the hard parts and the easy parts of some trades you have to admit some trades are easier than others

Indeed. It's funny though how often you hear electrician's have it easy which is why I played 'devils advocate' earlier.

Lagging, if you can even class it a trade.
When I was building yachts there were these guys known as 'bonders' who basically just stick the decks to the hull and the bulkheads to the deck, like sealing a bath but without the precision, and the company paid them the same as the sparks.

The job we're on has laggers. When I pointed it out to my boss he said he was on a big site once where there was a guy employed just to do the siliconing!

Or GRP laminating - you need 2 rollers (which the company provide) and a bucket of goop. Place a bit of GRP mat in the mould, dip the fluffy roller in the goop, roll it on the GRP mat, then roll it again with the metal roller. Wax on, wax off. Repeat.

Reply to What do you think is the easiest trade in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock