Discuss What Floodlights to use for 800sqm Horse menage in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

robbo777

Hi Guys

Could you please advise on the type and wattage of floodlights needed for an area which is 40m x 20m and is used for a horse menage. the area needs to be quite bright and I will be using 6 lights evenly placed.
I have thought of 400w halide but do you think this would be too much?

Many thanks

6 x 400w will not be enough (imho)

If I get it right, you will have 1 x 400w every 13.3 mtrs down each side, each side spanning and covering 10m deep and 6.5m wide? That will not be bright, you will get pools of light only. You will not be able to angle the projecters to make it look even light effect

1000W SON or similar, will be better. Or use 12 x 500w halogen, use 300watt lamps to start and upgrade to 500w if need be.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 in each corner at an angle of 45 degrees with the other 2 in the centr along the 40m side facing the middle of the rectangle. Can also depend upon at what hight you mount them as well.

Reply to What Floodlights to use for 800sqm Horse menage in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock