Discuss What have you been blamed for ?? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

did you say fiidling the books or piddling on their boots?

When I was a labourer I got blamed for smashing a window on the extention of the house. Tenant screaming and shouting at my boss that he has to pay and also swearing at me calling me some very nasty things!

Soon as my boss pointed out the water damage from rain over a months worth my boss told him where to go and that he is lucky that he doesn't deck him for trying to pull a fast one. I gave him a few chosen words of my own. Why do people think that they can try to make us (and other trades) pay for the broken things in their house?

When an apprentice I got blamed for the spark I was with smashing the van into a block house in a school playground. Apparently it was my fault for not looking where he was going! I was 16 and couldn't even drive!

Boss didn't like me because I didn't like Bristol city fc and I rode a motorbike. Ended up being forced out, bang went my indentures.

Bitter, me?

I quite often get blamed for nothing in particular:
Some old geezer who thinks he's funny will come up to me and say "it's your fault" then wander off.

friday doing remedials of PIR on a resteraunt manager came up after Id finished fitting spurs at handdryers n said "the lights in staff room are out they were working before you did your work" I went and had a look ffs they were out took diffuser off n the end caps were all crumbling on both fittings when lamps removed told her she said the usual They were OK before you got here lollol

yep the old " it worked before you did any work " line
i once got blamed for breaking a light , both the little bitch and her husband obviously in on the attempted stitch up
i looked in to it and soon discovered the problem.no wiring to pendant !|! it went from yes it definantly worked , to i am sure it worked to well i think so
got to love a chance i hung the rest of ther job out an extra day to make amends

I got blamed today for cremation a cable on a different circuit to what i was working on. In a building that i've condemned installation in because of the state of it. That apparently an NICEIC contractor tested in NOVEMBER, and i've not even started work in that sub main CU yet. And it's not what he was saying that was tickling me it was the way in which it was said. "Those lights were working before you turned the power off at the mains!"

because a cpc is irrelevant, i dont think so.

The gaffer pulling in in 80m of control cables then not incliding the 15 drops down to the panels! so in total being 30 metre short and having to joint them, the best thing is this is a brand new installation and the amount of cables we had to joint is unbelievable!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Got blamed by the boss for running up a £240 bill on the company credit card at the lads Christmas night out. He's lucky I pulled the plug on it at 11 pm or he could have been facing a very heavy fine.

And on the subject of the same credit card got accused of buying something from a department store for £1300. Turned out some hotel employee had used my card details for let's say a private purchase.

Last edited:
About 12 years ago, I got sent to a new contract that the firm I was working for at the time had picked up. It was one of these companies that do cheap calls overseas and had a fair sized PABX, anyway I had to go up and have a look at the emergency lighting and do a 3hr test on them. After explaining to the office manager the difference between lighting and power circuits at great length and what would be going off (why do they never understand and think everthing is one big circuit), I proceeded to switch off keyswitches in various locations etc which all went well, up until I got to the PABX room, I flipped off the keyswitch out went the emergency lights and so did some of the PABX kit , it turned out that some innovative individual (I won't say Spark) had connected into emergency lighting circuit to run a couple of 13A spurs for a few of the servers. Of course it was all my fault, I should have known etc etc, still we got some remedial work out of it.

Back when I was in the IT game, I was working for Islington council on a project they were running to promote better use of computers in small businesses. Got sent to this wedding dress shop in Finsbury Park because she was having problems with her PC. OS was basically corrupted beyond repair, so performed a fresh install (giving her a newer version along the way). She was happy as larry, so off I went job done.

Couple of weeks later got this call from her saying I had caused her monitor to blow up. Asked wtf she was talking about, turns out her monitor had blown up a couple of weeks after I had fixed her machine. Yeah, and whats that got to do with me? I replied, Well, says she, she had been into PC World and some gob ***** had told her the reason it blew up was because I had upgrade the OS. I asked her to accompany me along to PC World so I could tell the person who gave her such excellent advice, exactly what I thought of him. Funnily enough she did not go along with that idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would say the nearest she's been to PC world is the shoe shop on the next block. obviously spilt coffee in the monitor or something and wasa trying it on.

Reply to What have you been blamed for ?? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net