Discuss What Insurance??? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kiwiholic

Hi, I am starting up my own business and wanted to consult the oracle about what insurance I need. I know I need public liability but what else? What can I do to cover my income in case of sickness/ accident etc? Cheers for any info.
K.:confused:

You should contact business link and do their course which is free and advises you on everything from taxation to maketing. As for insurance for loss of income I dont know what other people think but the cost of the insurance is just way to high and when you take into account everything else we have to have it probably would not be cost effective. You would be better off putting money aside for that sort of thing.

Good luck

Chris

Depends on the size of your business.
Public , employers, liability,professional imdemnity ( if your going to design installations - industrial commercial sector) as far as income . you will find this expensive and most policy providers will try to find a loophole if you claim best bet put a bit away each month and don't touch it - buy some premium bonds prehaps!

Reply to What Insurance??? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello fellow sparks, I’ve decided to go out on my own. Recently bought a little van and trying to get myself set up whilst keeping my costs as...
Replies
Views
Hello, What insurance do I need other than public liability now that commercial work is being undertaken and these jobs are a lot bigger. Is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
I am struggling to find any insurance company that offers indemnity insurance for EICR's without having to take out public liability at the same...
Replies
Views
Hi there, firstly wishing you all good health and happiness 🙂 Just a few questions if you all don’t mind answering for me please.. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock