Discuss What is a KMF please?...Was reading about switch fuses when extending tails. Thanks in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: What is a KMF please?...Was reading about switch fuses when extending tails. Than

It's a switch fuse, usually 80A HRC. "800KMF" (or google "KMF switch" for some pictures and datasheets). When you see it, you'll recognise it. :)

Re: What is a KMF please?...Was reading about switch fuses when extending tails. Than

KMF...................... Kan Make it Fit.

When i google it...I just get websites, about kinky Male on Female...???

It's a small plastic single phase switch fuse. Usually 63 or 80 amps I think, but I've never used one so can't be sure

Here.

140.jpg

Surprised Marvo hasn’t answered this. It’s a radio station in Cape Town.

Or there's these:
KFM Kentucky Fried Movie (movie title)
KFM Kelvin Force Microscopy
KFM Klippel-Feil Malformation
KFM Kingsway Fund Management (Hong Kong)
KFM Kidney Foundation of Michigan

Nothing electrical

Rated up to 80A but can be fitted with any lower rating fuse of the same size (22mm). Used to take the supply tails into another cable when the run is over 3m (commonly).

It's a manufacturer's code used as a generic name. For over half a century the MEM catalogue numbers for this popular style of switchfuse have been xxKMF or xxxKMF. So as Hoover came to mean vacuum cleaner, KMF is used to mean an all-insulated cartridge switchfuse.

Made me laugh that Carlosfandango must be a similar age

...I have a stamp on my passport from Moo Moo land...

Reply to What is a KMF please?...Was reading about switch fuses when extending tails. Thanks in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net