Discuss What is this tester? Looks new to me. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Is this another Christmas quiz? What's the prize - it better not be that if it's been where they say!

My best guess looking at the form factor of the probe maybe for flue gas temperature measurement or air temp in ducting etc. You drill a hole the same size as that black collar and insert probe so the collar closes the hole.

Well there you go, when you put it on fleabay you will have to pick from the above suggestions. Flue gas analyser sounds the most sensible suggestion, well, the only sensible one really.

It's a temperature probe to check that a thermocouple is measuring correctly and displaying the same temp as a thermocouple on a digital temp controller. we use similar to measure the temperature of lead in a lead pot it just proves the thermocouple is reading right.

Reply to What is this tester? Looks new to me. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys, just looking for a bit of advise. I am booked up to go on 2391-52 soon, and was looking at using my own tester, Megger1552. It is all...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I'm relatively new to the trade and have just moved house. Looking to rewire and was looking at a few things, could someone tell me...
Replies
Views
Bloody specific fitting megger test leads! I've lost 2 of my megger probes now. I have plenty of crocodile clips and the long, thin, bendy probe...
Replies
Views
Hello fellow sparks, I’m looking to do my testing and inspection course which starts on the 30th of April, but I have not got much testing...
Replies
Views
Has anyone here got experience of doing a soil / earth resistance survey for the design of a large-ish site? We might be looking at a fenced area...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock