Discuss What makes a good drill in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hilti, Festool, Makita are some brands to look out for, there are others like DeWalt, Milwaukee and some Bosh stuff etc. are generally reliable as well.
Must have been one of those new quantum drills if it can damage time ;)

I have found that you pay for what you get, if you buy cheap they normally don't last long. I have a Bosch 36v SDS and a Dewalt mains powered SDS, both of witch have seen a lot of use over the years and touch wood are still going strong. Hilti are also a great bit of kit, but pricey compared to the Bosch professional range.

It's possible to damage any tool if you don't respect the limitations of that tool. How many times have you seen three people trying to push a hammer drill through a wall rather than let it do the work

A mate of mine works in a hire shop repairing machines and they have had things come back 24hrs old broken and needing parts to repair, generators are the most abused equipment the users seem to think that they can get a never ending supply of electricity just by plugging more things in it's not unusual for a 2 KVA generator to have a 3Kw kettle plugged in plus the site lights

All the top brands are good, Bosch here though. Good after sales services with regards to repairs. Also alot of these brands are being churned out in china, even a Hilti SDS i looked at was made in PRC

Milwaukee products, every single day of the week!!

De Walt has been kicking out high priced unreliable rubbish for a few years now, once a good reliable brand name, not so today!!

My current larger cordless is a Makita 18V, with 2 x 3Ah lithium ion batteries (charges in about 20-25mins!). It's a BLDC motor, reasonable when compared to my old 24V bosch. Agree with Eng on the De Walt comment. Prior to the bosch I had a dewalt and it needed servicing about every 9-10 months....not what I'd come to expect.

Reply to What makes a good drill in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock