Discuss What software setup are people using on there testing? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Snapester

Hi guys just wondered what you guys are using setup wise for testing, i have been using easycert but not sure I'm that keen on it to be honest, had a play with Certifi and i like the EICR layout and the fact you can add in images to reports?

Thoughts?

Cheers

So I see, I'd heard good reports about Pirform. I've looked at the site but it will not give any info on prices unless I log in.
Is it just eicrs or do they do the full range of certificates?

I use the version that gives me EICR's, EIC's and MWC

There is a more expensive version that also does fire & EM light certs.

I use the version that gives me EICR's, EIC's and MWC

There is a more expensive version that also does fire & EM light certs.

I've had a look & downloaded the trial version,

It's £199 & £75 +vat for the license. Is that payable annually? Or is there a lesser rate to renew the license after the first year? it's not clear on their web site.

Have they updated to amd 3 yet?

I've had a look & downloaded the trial version,

It's £199 & £75 +vat for the license. Is that payable annually? Or is there a lesser rate to renew the license after the first year? it's not clear on their web site.

Have they updated to amd 3 yet?

I think its £199.00 + VAT for the premium version per year. That includes the Lite version as far as I know.

I must say that not having a clear pricing policy on a website for such a product is odd, to say the least.

No it isn't reflecting the amended Zs values as yet so I would say its not updated to AMD3

Hope this helps.

EDIT: The AMD3 amendment hasn't been released yet and they are going to add pricing to their website!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its £199.00 + VAT for the premium version per year. That includes the Lite version as far as I know.

I must say that not having a clear pricing policy on a website for such a product is odd, to say the least.

No it isn't reflecting the amended Zs values as yet so I would say its not updated to AMD3

Hope this helps.

EDIT: The AMD3 amendment hasn't been released yet and they are going to add pricing to their website!

Thanks for that
To be fair to them you can get the price from their site but you have to start an account, which is how I found out. But I wasn't sure if that is a one off price with a reduced care package after that.

I only asked because my customer care package is up for renewal with EasyCert so I thought I'd look around. Shineform looks very good, but the cost is too much for me. My annual package with Easycert is £59.95 + vat per year, and you only need to pay that if you need the updates. It will work fine without it. So when a serious amendment comes out like amd 3 you need to pay it.

EasyCert have done an amd 3 update but until I need it I'll put off purchasing it. The price is unchanged.

This thread has surprised me
I would call myself a historical "Biro user" until these last few years
Since when I have on my computer some sort of programme,it allows me to fill in the spaces and print,save and do all I need to produce a cute certificate courtesy of that "nice" schemes design

My son provided it and it cost zilch pennies,now I am a real Dinosaur computer user and I am amazed that people actually pay money,hundreds even, for something that can cost nothing

What do you get that I don't for all that money?
190 a year would buy me a lot of Biros, I most definitely would not pay that amount for any other alternative,especially where free software is available

This thread has surprised me
I would call myself a historical "Biro user" until these last few years
Since when I have on my computer some sort of programme,it allows me to fill in the spaces and print,save and do all I need to produce a cute certificate courtesy of that "nice" schemes design

My son provided it and it cost zilch pennies,now I am a real Dinosaur computer user and I am amazed that people actually pay money,hundreds even, for something that can cost nothing

What do you get that I don't for all that money?
190 a year would buy me a lot of Biros, I most definitely would not pay that amount for any other alternative,especially where free software is available

Well Des, if you look at previous post you will see that nobody whose replied pays £190 a year. Murdoch pays £75.00 + vat and I pay £60 + vat per year, Although I had to originally buy the software.

Now as for the difference I can't really say unless you give me some more details, reading your post it looks like you have a template that you just fill in the boxes, if that is the case then we are discussing two vastly different products.
For a start my package comes with every cert I need, domestic eicrs, eics, condition reports & fire alarms. Then a shed load of commercial all the above plus every fire alarm cert you could ever need plus emergency lights. Then the ones I don't need like solar.
The certificates are intuitive with drop down menus for ocpds, type of wiring, ref method, conductor size rcd, etc.
The eicr will put an entry onto the observation page when a C number in the inspection schedule.
It is also a data base with client & site addresses, again you use a drop down menu.
It spell checks & verifys the certificate picking up on missed items or entries that do not make sense re the regs.
I know Pirform does all this as well.
Finally it's regularly updated when needed, amnd 3 has been available since February.

Now that's not bad for just over a pound a week, but as I say I don't know what you have. If it does anything like that then I will certainly be interested.

Well Des, if you look at previous post you will see that nobody whose replied pays £190 a year. Murdoch pays £75.00 + vat and I pay £60 + vat per year, Although I had to originally buy the software.

Now as for the difference I can't really say unless you give me some more details, reading your post it looks like you have a template that you just fill in the boxes, if that is the case then we are discussing two vastly different products.
For a start my package comes with every cert I need, domestic eicrs, eics, condition reports & fire alarms. Then a shed load of commercial all the above plus every fire alarm cert you could ever need plus emergency lights. Then the ones I don't need like solar.
The certificates are intuitive with drop down menus for ocpds, type of wiring, ref method, conductor size rcd, etc.
The eicr will put an entry onto the observation page when a C number in the inspection schedule.
It is also a data base with client & site addresses, again you use a drop down menu.
It spell checks & verifys the certificate picking up on missed items or entries that do not make sense re the regs.
I know Pirform does all this as well.
Finally it's regularly updated when needed, amnd 3 has been available since February.

Now that's not bad for just over a pound a week, but as I say I don't know what you have. If it does anything like that then I will certainly be interested.

AND these packages produce PDF certs which you can email to your clients AND with PIRform, if you've done a EIC or an EICR you can create MWC's easily - saving time, every time.

I just use the online one at elecsa. I used to use a pen but this is a lot smarter looking. It emails pdf to client and yourself. They have most general certs. It costs £1 a cert. You can also get them to post by letter a printed cert on quality paper for £1.50. It stores all your certs online. You can also notify at same time if required. Works for me.

Thanks for that
To be fair to them you can get the price from their site but you have to start an account, which is how I found out. But I wasn't sure if that is a one off price with a reduced care package after that.

I only asked because my customer care package is up for renewal with EasyCert so I thought I'd look around. Shineform looks very good, but the cost is too much for me. My annual package with Easycert is £59.95 + vat per year, and you only need to pay that if you need the updates. It will work fine without it. So when a serious amendment comes out like amd 3 you need to pay it.

EasyCert have done an amd 3 update but until I need it I'll put off purchasing it. The price is unchanged.

There are only a few updates for the amd 3 on easycert, the biggest the the EIC now has a tick page like the EICR for checking earthing etc.

Hi guys just wondered what you guys are using setup wise for testing, i have been using easycert but not sure I'm that keen on it to be honest, had a play with Certifi and i like the EICR layout and the fact you can add in images to reports?

Thoughts?

Cheers
You can add pictures to Easycert forms too.

Reply to What software setup are people using on there testing? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net