Discuss what use is 2394 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iamelectric

what use is 2394 without 2395 , does this mean i can sign off work or just my own work , and would i still have to join select or niec , i stay in scotland

its to help prove your competency in the initial testing of new installations.
thats it basically , what thats worth to you is for you to decide.
but its still worth doing , with or without 2395.

you can issue any certificates without any testing quals , its not a pre-requisite.

whether you need to do a course or not depends if you feel you need extra training in testing.

i always thought you had to have these as most jobs ask for them , i know a lot of guys that do testing but dont have them but they say its ok because they a member of select , and when i quiz them on stuff they dont have a clue

2394 is initial verification. It's for new installs
2395 is periodic inspection and testing. It's for testing existing installations.
It depends on what work you do but you would be better with both.

yes but if u look at it that way , u dont have to go to college for 4 years u just have to buy bs7671 and read it and install your work to it

i always thought you had to have these as most jobs ask for them , i know a lot of guys that do testing but dont have them but they say its ok because they a member of select , and when i quiz them on stuff they dont have a clue
That maybe true(Concentrate on your ability) but there are lots of testers out there who are excellent at what they do and do have a clue. IMO I would continue and study going for the 2395 now while you are used to having your head in the books.

Reply to what use is 2394 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net