Discuss what work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Rather broad, But:

Yourself - Domestic only, providing you follow the correct procedure. (Scheme,Insurance,etc)
Employer - Anything, providing the employer has followed the correct procedures (Domestic installer - Approved contractor)

You can do any work so so wish, the down sound is proving your competence to certain tasks.

Seriously now, how competent are you in your work, that's the important thing? 2391 opens a lot of doors work wise as all the Part P providers stipulate it, along with other qualifications and a on site assessment.

Working for a employer they will ask about experience and what you know regarding the work they carry out (Industrial, Commercial, Domestic, shopfitting etc) so they will pick you or at least give you an idea of what you can offer them.

Seriously now, how competent are you in your work, that's the important thing? 2391 opens a lot of doors work wise as all the Part P providers stipulate it, along with other qualifications and a on site assessment.

Working for a employer they will ask about experience and what you know regarding the work they carry out (Industrial, Commercial, Domestic, shopfitting etc) so they will pick you or at least give you an idea of what you can offer them.
the 2391....all the part p providers stipulate it?....do they now?.....i think not........what they stipulate is that you must have a minimum of the C&G 2382.....they may ask that you SIT the 2391 within a year though....but no one says about passing it though......the thing that really pricks the ears up of the part p scheme providers.........is cash......lots ov it n all...lol....

Yeah sorry my bad, forgot money is king to the PP providers, why would qualifications count when that may mean failing folk.

I am also confused to what exactly im allowed to do, especailly cetificate wise (if any), so here is what i have passed so far
2382-100 level 3
2330-201, 202, 203
2377-200
edsbca electrical defined scope levels B and C
efsa level A full scope fixed electrical work in dwellings

I am also confused to what exactly im allowed to do, especailly cetificate wise (if any), so here is what i have passed so far
2382-100 level 3
2330-201, 202, 203
2377-200

Does any one know the answer to this??
Im not talking about competance, confidence or experience here, just the rules.

2382-100 level 3
2330-201, 202, 203
2377-200

Im not too familiar with edsbca or efsa?

Give Napit, NICEIC, or any of the others a call.

If your working for yourself you can start up and get registered!
If you want an employer to take you on, you will be fighting against many others who wants the same job so make sure you have some good experience under your belt

Like I said give them a call and get registered with one of them if you want to go self employed

Little hint - If your going elf employed make sure you have a few thousand pounds as the kit, insurance, van, registration, etc are not cheap!

Also dont do what i did and buy everything out right ask around and see what you actually need. And get some contracts in as well.

If your going after an employer good luck

Im not too familiar with edsbca or efsa?

Nor me, i just read it on my certificate of competance from BPEC certification ltd
I quote
This is to certify the named operative has been assessed in accordance wth the rules of the BPEC Certification Ltd. Certification Scheme for Personnel Competance in Electrical Work in Domestic Dwellings in the following categories

then it quotes-: EFSA level A Full Scope Fixed Electrical Work in Dwellings.

Im sure its all to do with part P

Give Napit, NICEIC, or any of the others a call.

If your working for yourself you can start up and get registered!
If you want an employer to take you on, you will be fighting against many others who wants the same job so make sure you have some good experience under your belt

Like I said give them a call and get registered with one of them if you want to go self employed

Little hint - If your going elf employed make sure you have a few thousand pounds as the kit, insurance, van, registration, etc are not cheap!

Also dont do what i did and buy everything out right ask around and see what you actually need. And get some contracts in as well.

If your going after an employer good luck

Thanks. Im going to go for the self employed option I think.

I have a van, liabilty insurance, a megger 1730, a voltage indicator and proving unit, screw drivers, snips, I was a general builder for many years b4 i started training for these electrical qualifications, im just keen to gain some experiance now,
I guess as to who to go with is a bit of a mine field , niceic is obviuosly the one most people have heard of, and prolly the more expensive i guess too.

Yeah sorry my bad, forgot money is king to the PP providers, why would qualifications count when that may mean failing folk.

Yes, they just want our money really. Another point worth mentioning is that CG2391 isn't the only way of becoming competent in inspection and testing. Which is another reason why it isn't insisted upon.

Reply to what work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock