Discuss what would you do in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bahco

ok then here we have a 1g metal back box with the loop in and out of the switch method

so we have the loop in the loop out permanant live for over run on the fan and a link to another switch 2g

so thats a total of 4 cables in the common of a mk switch which arnt the biggest ever

would it be ok to put all 4 cables in a yellow pin connector crimp them up then into the switch?

is it classed as bad practise? anybody any better idears

cheers

hi,

is this something youre about to 2nd fix or is it still at 1st fix stage?

dont know if ive read ya post correctly so here goes: you got loop in/loop out, perm live for over-run and perm feed to another 2g sw?

i personally dont think there's anything wrong in crimpin them together as you stated just not ideal perhaps (crimps give excellent continuity)

however if your at 1st fix stage it may be easier to incorparate a fan isolator into the circuit?

what stage you at with this matey, is the 1g switching lighting or acting as the sw/l for the fan, whats the 2g switch doing (is it a bathroom/utility room?)

rich

ok then here we have a 1g metal back box with the loop in and out of the switch method

so we have the loop in the loop out permanant live for over run on the fan and a link to another switch 2g

so thats a total of 4 cables in the common of a mk switch which arnt the biggest ever

would it be ok to put all 4 cables in a yellow pin connector crimp them up then into the switch?

is it classed as bad practise? anybody any better idears

cheers

Hi
I cant see anything wrong with doing that ,its not bad practice as far as i know ,taping the crimp up could be frowned upon ,,by the folks who maintain tape traps moisture .i have an open mind on that ,cant quite understand why youve got 4 lives ,or do you meen 4 in the crimp?
so go ahead i dont think anyone will have a problem with it
atvbitwww

thanks for the reply guys

im at the 2nd fix stage now, yeah its four lives into the crimp pin

just didnt know if it was bad practise

thanks

hi mate, i guess it be ok so long as you get a nice tight connection, i find it easier to do a lot of the connections in the fan isolator, in a nice deep box.

We use the same system for all our lighting rewires, and use the wago push fit connectors to join up the cables not in the switch terminals. Ideal also make some.

Reply to what would you do in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net