Discuss What's needed for self certification in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

soitra15

-
DIY
Reaction score
hi guys hope some one on here can help me out in looking to be able to self certify my foreigners.
I have my 2330
Nvq lvl3
17th edition 3rd amendment

Is there anything else I need?
Do I need to be registered with the nic?
Do I need liability insurance?
Been looking round on google but the information is clear as mud!

work are putting me through my 2391 hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Hope someone can clear it up for me
Rich

first and foremost you need public liability. if doing eicr's then prof. indemnity also. then approach one of the scams, nic, elecsa, napit, etc., and suss out the best for you.

bear in mind that you only need the cps scam membership for notifiabe work. this is basically, new circuits, CU changes, and any work in special locations ( bathrooms etc.).

You only need to register with a scam for notifiable work on domestic installs only ie rewires/new builds/db changeovers/new circuits ect.. I think you all know that and can stop playing the smartass card as i worded it poorly.

You only need to register with a scam for notifiable work on domestic installs only ie rewires/new builds/db changeovers/new circuits ect.. I think you all know that and can stop playing the smartass card as i worded it poorly.

I genuinely thought you meant new build only because of the way you worded it. No smartass anything about it.

Reply to What's needed for self certification in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net