Discuss Where did you say the fuse box was? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Went to do an EICR today on a property to rent out, the sister of the homeowner was there, I said wheres the fuse box, its not obvious....

I looked high and low, everywhere, then thought, hmm I wonder if its in here...

Anyway, the outcome was, I walked away and said you need a new CU and moving etc along with your meters moving so given them a quote for that instead.

CUSTOMER: Why are you taking photos?
ME: So that I can plaster them all over the Internet tonight for entertainment.

2014-08-12 09.52.55.jpg2014-08-12 09.53.02.jpg2014-08-12 09.53.10.jpg
2014-08-12 09.53.13.jpg2014-08-12 09.53.18.jpg2014-08-12 09.53.43.jpg
2014-08-12 09.53.55.jpg2014-08-12 09.55.48.jpg2014-08-12 09.56.12.jpg

A friend of mine once asked me to swap their CU in a similar position, I told them no chance get some other mug to swap it I'm not spending several hours crawling into a cupboard.

had one under a kitchen sink once. that was as built. not that alterations had been made.

There's nothing quite like a fuseboard buried in a kitchen cupboard to keep a sparky entertained.

That lot would magically become a lot easier to get to if you called the DNO and reported the sound of arcing coming from the head and a burning smell ;)

I was quite rude about the person who did it, they claimed it wasn't them. You will probably find the same problem in a lot of the house of the same style on that estate.

Frankly, I don't see what your problem is. If the job was always easy, everyone would be doing it. A bit of effort on your part and the "satisfactory" report could be in the post pronto :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Where did you say the fuse box was? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net