Discuss Where do you buy hand tools? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

From our local tool shop.. So happens he's one of the biggest online tool sellers in the country so prices are crazy and we still get a discount on top!

Klein from CEF are good although they've just rescinded their "lifetime guarantee" which is a bit of a P*** take after making a big thing about it!

From our local tool shop.. So happens he's one of the biggest online tool sellers in the country so prices are crazy and we still get a discount on top!

Klein from CEF are good although they've just rescinded their "lifetime guarantee" which is a bit of a P*** take after making a big thing about it!
I know Klein for the their guarantee. Ridiculous.
Recently bought some klein snips whilst they were on offer. Really pleased with them.

What's the name of this tool shop if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers

I get 99.9% of my tools from Amazon.
I got a pair of Knipex Side cutters for £11.99 when I got my first tool bag together a few years ago. Best bargain ever until a colleague put the power back on as I was cutting through a 2.5 and they died in a flash :(

I got a pair of Knipex Side cutters for £11.99 when I got my first tool bag together a few years ago. Best bargain ever until a colleague put the power back on as I was cutting through a 2.5 and they died in a flash :(
I trust that you are meaning the colleague was the one that died in a flash! Any repercussions from that?

I think I may have been tempted to test their snippyness on his soft parts... his very soft parts with an unplanned 'snip' :D

I've bought some gear out of catalogues and on-line and it can be quite a let down when they just don't feel great in the hand, so I tend to try and buy them in the flesh so to speak so I can have a feel before I part with my cash.

The one big exception is my Knipex pliers and cutters which I bought from Amazon, but I've not been disappointed with those.

I like Knipex but my favourite cutters nowadays are made by NWS.
Armeg or CK screwdrivers & you can't go wrong.
Milwaukee bit boxes & pliers rock.
For hammers: Estwing or Stanley antivibe.
Tape measures: Always Stanley

The bay is your friend.

Whatever you need, don't buy cheap tools.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Where do you buy hand tools? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net