Discuss Where's best to obtain wiring diagrams for an American vehicle in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all,

Long story short:-

My dad has just had an aftermarket parking sensor kit installed on his corvette, is there anywhere that you know of that I could get the wiring diagrams (legally please)?

So far as I can tell. . .

The rear sensors are okay (wired to reversing light), & only active when vehicle is in reverse. Beep, beep, beeeeeepppp, etc.

The front sensors appear to be on once the brake pedal is depressed (regardless of vehicle speed), is this normal?

I can only assume that this means the unit receives a signal from the brake light, & then starts a timer that will be quiet after a few minutes? The beeper is incredible loud, and i'm not convinced that the beeping should start every time the brake pedal is depressed - there has to be a better way.

I was hoping that maybe there is a signal that I could send to the rear of the car (where the unit has been installed), that only operates below (or above) a certain speed - perhaps a seatbelt warning alarm, or similar?

Thanks In Advance

Billy

Thanks, the closest I could find doing online searches was a 2002, however it's a 2004. Not sure how much would've changed, but looking at the state of the wiring - I'm not sure the correct diagrams would be of much help anyway. It's connector city: different colours, splices, conductors installed through holes in male spades, and simply pushed into its female counterpart, etc.

Hi dude,if it has just been fitted,can the outfit responsible,not be contacted for assistance?

Hi dude,if it has just been fitted,can the outfit responsible,not be contacted for assistance?

They could, but in all fairness i'm not convinced that it is anything they've done - not knowing much about these things, I think it's more likely a budget unit that simply hasn't been designed very well.Regards Billy

Reply to Where's best to obtain wiring diagrams for an American vehicle in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net