Discuss Who will you vote for? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

General Election 2015 poll

• Conservative

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • other

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Not voting this time

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
CAVEAT*****

Source of information will be revealed later!

So everybody gets upset about the right to buy policy of the Conservative Government led by Margaret Thatcher of 1979 - but:

1. In what year was it first in a Party manifesto?
2. For which political party?

Have fun

I think the ability to buy council houses was around for years, it was the Thatcher government made it a legal right. (I think)

Who gets upset though? It was 35 years ago. I disagree with it but I'm certainly not upset, although I can't speak for everyone.
Why are you upset Murdoch?

I think the ability to buy council houses was around for years, it was the Thatcher government made it a legal right. (I think)

Who gets upset though? It was 35 years ago. I disagree with it but I'm certainly not upset, although I can't speak for everyone.
Because we will not agree with his extreme views, he slags everyone off, all parties, yet we know not what he believes in, every policy mentioned here he disagrees with, thats why he is angry lol. Joking aside I really like Clive, but his political views are very secret.

So come on and try and answer my Saturday quiz!

CAVEAT*****

Source of information will be revealed later!

So everybody gets upset about the right to buy policy of the Conservative Government led by Margaret Thatcher of 1979 - but:

1. In what year was it first in a Party manifesto?
2. For which political party?

Have fun
Thing is Clive she has sold off all the council houses and then it has left us with a houses shortage for those people who cannot afford to buy, we now need to build houses which are low cost to house people, whatever you may think it still gets back to Thatcher, she has single handedlly destroyed this country IMO, She IMO knew about the pending invasion on the Falklands yet due to her falling in the polls decided to wait until it was too late to gain more support from the public by sending in the task force, apart from the Falklands capture she did nothing for us, nothing, lets not forget the Miners situation and the Poll tax, lets not forget the demise of the industry, lets not forget the housing shortage due to selling off, I despise the woman.

well the Tories have broken 22 promises from the last election, that was at the last count, it could me more now, they think they are above the law, lets not forget pleb gate.

Well, all you left leaning voters attack The Conservatives for what is actually a Labour policy. Go figure

I think you need to do more than read a snippet on the web and then form an opinion.

The right to buy in the 1959 manifesto only applied to private tenants in sub standard accommodation, ie no bathroom, which Labour said that they would let councils take over to modernise as the private landlords had not. But there was a proviso that the existing tenant would have the right to buy first.
Hardly the same is it.

Now I never knew this but it took just a couple of minutes to find out.

Go figure.

Thing is Clive she has sold off all the council houses and then it has left us with a houses shortage for those people who cannot afford to buy, we now need to build houses which are low cost to house people, whatever you may think it still gets back to Thatcher, she has single handedlly destroyed this country IMO, She IMO knew about the pending invasion on the Falklands yet due to her falling in the polls decided to wait until it was too late to gain more support from the public by sending in the task force, apart from the Falklands capture she did nothing for us, nothing, lets not forget the Miners situation and the Poll tax, lets not forget the demise of the industry, lets not forget the housing shortage due to selling off, I despise the woman.

1.don't forget that when a family bought their council house, they were no longer tenants or prospective tenants. therefore, although there was 1 less house in the council stock, there was also 1 less family, so how come a shortage?

2. I don't agree or disagree about the falklands. with hindsight, more could have been done sooner asnd maybe avoided the conflict.

3. Miner's situation was caused by arthur scargill's attempt to bring down the government, no matter who suffered. that said, it could have been handled better.

4. poll tax. under the old rates system, my father was paying around £1,300/ year, living on his own, on a pension. a family close by in a lower band house were paying £250 between 4 wage earners. when the poll tax came in, my dad's bill went down to £250.
their's went up. bear in mind that it's people that use the facilities funded by council taxes, not houses. each house has 1 bin to be emptied, same road access, so why should a widowed pensioner pay more than 4 wage earners just because he's invested in a decent house, rather than spending all his wages on smokes, booze, gambling etc.

1.don't forget that when a family bought their council house, they were no longer tenants or prospective tenants. therefore, although there was 1 less house in the council stock, there was also 1 less family, so how come a shortage?

2. I don't agree or disagree about the falklands. with hindsight, more could have been done sooner asnd maybe avoided the conflict.

3. Miner's situation was caused by arthur scargill's attempt to bring down the government, no matter who suffered. that said, it could have been handled better.

4. poll tax. under the old rates system, my father was paying around £1,300/ year, living on his own, on a pension. a family close by in a lower band house were paying £250 between 4 wage earners. when the poll tax came in, my dad's bill went down to £250.
their's went up. bear in mind that it's people that use the facilities funded by council taxes, not houses. each house has 1 bin to be emptied, same road access, so why should a widowed pensioner pay more than 4 wage earners just because he's invested in a decent house, rather than spending all his wages on smokes, booze, gambling etc
Gasp, Gasp and double Gasp, surely and I am shaking with disbelief now terrance, your not, surely not, Gasp defending the ------Poll Tax????? Gasp

Gasp, Gasp and double Gasp, surely and I am shaking with disbelief now terrance, your not, surely not, Gasp defending the ------Poll Tax????? Gasp

Well if you wanted to find something good about the poll tax it's that its implementation was the downfall of Thatcher.

Easy chart for the election here

Attachments

• tory chart.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 29

the principal was fine. tax people for what people benefit from. it's the army of non-politival, overpaid civil servants tht escalated the cost. and it's terence btw, lol.

wish i was clever and could do flow charts. if i could, mine would look like this:

should i vote labour. ....... can i trust them with a kid's piggy bank, let alone the country's economy, ... NO. .... don't vote labour.

Last edited:
good to hear your back on decent booze. that creamflow poisoned your system. give it a year or 2 to get out of your system and you might even vote tory. :yes:

careful. i could report that as offensive and get you a 3 months ban. lol. :38:

careful. i could report that as offensive and get you a 3 months ban. lol. :38:
That is probably going to happen for the below reasons.

(1) I think for myself and I am not a sheep who follows others
(2) I would question any posts which gave bad advice
(3) I am true to myself and would not suck up to anyone who has authority
(4) I would trash anyone who uses racist language in their posts as I hate racism
(5) I would defend my friends here if they were banned for defending any of the 4 items listed above.
(6) I speak like a farmer and drink Cider yet I do not live in somerset
(7) I am overweight yet like to wear union jack shorts in the garden

Reply to Who will you vote for? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net