Discuss Who will you vote for? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

General Election 2015 poll

• Conservative

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • other

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Not voting this time

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Thanks for sharing number 7 mate, it's a picture I really didn't need painting. I've now got an image in my head of a fat bloke in shorts drinking rough cider in a garden

Well if you wanted to find something good about the poll tax it's that its implementation was the downfall of Thatcher.

Which should be reintroduced along the lines of:

Rateable value of the house (skys the limit with values, none of this current rubbish)
+
a single amount per adult over 18 not in full time education

That would increase revenue for Councils for sure.

Why should an elderly couple pay the same as a house full of EI's??

Local services needed to be funded sensibly and this would go along way.

So would you be happy if your son/daughter/wife was employed on an exploitative zero hours contract and was reliant on top ups from the benefit system to make ends meet?
It's supporting a business after all

I have already stated my view on O hours contracts, actually wife was offered one, she discussed it with me and I told her to tell them to shove it up their arse. They are totally un-necessary and an easy out for crap management.

Gasp, Gasp and double Gasp, surely and I am shaking with disbelief now terrance, your not, surely not, Gasp defending the ------Poll Tax????? Gasp

I raise you a triple gasp, cough and double gasp. The poll tax was a brilliant idea, i.e. a charge related to rate of consumption of servces rather than some arbitrary value of a house. I was living in Sheffield at the time of the introduction trying to bring up a small family and it halved my rates as Sheffield was labour run and boy did they like to spend. The riots were a disgrace and Thatchers mistake was not sending the army in (China style) lol

The UK racked up a deficit of 5.7 per cent of gross domestic product last year while the national debt soared to 89.4 per cent of national income, according to Eurostat. Cyprus and Spain were the only countries in the European Union to borrow more as a proportion of national income - underlining the British government's abject failure to live within its means.

The UK racked up a deficit of 5.7 per cent of gross domestic product last year while the national debt soared to 89.4 per cent of national income, according to Eurostat. Cyprus and Spain were the only countries in the European Union to borrow more as a proportion of national income - underlining the British government's abject failure to live within its means.
Sadly most people I talk to don't understand the significance of both the deficit, structural debt and how large our overall debt is. Also in all the campaigning so far it is barely recognised as a problem. Unless we produce a surplus and soon, my childrens futures are screwed. I do laugh at some of the proposed solutions though. i.e. Spend more money on "investments" and tax the rich..... Like there are enough rich people who won't see that coming

I do laugh at some of the proposed solutions though. i.e. Spend more money on "investments" and tax the rich.....

Totally agree with you, it's the poor & vulnerable who should bear the brunt of the recovery, why would you borrow money at 0.5% or less from international markets when you can pay 4% from your own citizens and buy a few votes to help keep you in power?

This is all about which party will **** it up the best, Maggie did a good job of Messing it up but at least she left money in the bank the next one in John Major kept some of it and then Tony Blair spent a lot and then did a runner to America to make lots of money talking about crap he gave his p.m. job to a total ****** who had been in charge of our money for a long time Tony Tony Blair knew it was all going ---- up so he left it to Gordon Brown to work out what to do next and golden brown missed it right up next came coalition which the best it right up again but at least they're all clean-shaven and have nice headcounts
Sorry for spelling mistakes but I can not spell

Sorry for spelling mistakes but I can not spell

No problem with the spelling mistakes, the basic grasp of facts are not so easy to forgive.
Where is this bank you speak of that Thatcher left some money in?
Thatcher ran almost her entire premiership with a deficit, she borrowed massively despite selling off most of our assets, and the tax receipts from north sea oil.
Major's term was entirely in deficit.
Up until the crash Labour were similar.
There has never been any money, only debts.

Well the ni health minister had to resign yesterday because he said that gay couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt because the children are likely to be abused. :love:

The problem with government is they are like buying a new tool you spend weeks reading about them and choosing what you think is the best one then for the first day or so you think it's great and love it. Then after the honeymoon period is over you realise that your just kidding yourself and in reality this is none better than the tool you used before in fact the old one was more comfortable to use but by now it's too late to go back because now the apprentice has your old tool. Then every day you find more reasons you want your old one back so the next chance you get you buy the upgrade to your old tool but no matter what it's never going to be your old tool. The only way we are ever going to get what we want in government is to get the best we can and then make it ours by moulding it to what we want just as we do with everything else we have.

The problem with government is they are like buying a new tool you spend weeks reading about them and choosing what you think is the best one then for the first day or so you think it's great and love it. Then after the honeymoon period is over you realise that your just kidding yourself and in reality this is none better than the tool you used before in fact the old one was more comfortable to use but by now it's too late to go back because now the apprentice has your old tool. Then every day you find more reasons you want your old one back so the next chance you get you buy the upgrade to your old tool but no matter what it's never going to be your old tool. The only way we are ever going to get what we want in government is to get the best we can and then make it ours by moulding it to what we want just as we do with everything else we have.

orrrrrrrrrr buy a massive coil of piano wire...plenty lamp posts also... ;)

Reply to Who will you vote for? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net