Discuss Who's resposibilty to inform building control in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I'm doing a rewire on a house and before I started I spoke to building control and they told me that the owner is to include the electrics on the building control application.

Anyways I have finished the upstairs and no inspector has been round to look at the electrics and the owner has now boarded up the ceilings and covered the cables.

I have said to them on numerous occasions that they must inform the inspector but I'm pretty sure they haven't, I am now due to start the downstairs.

Who's going to get the flack for this?

Many Thanks

home owner will get the flak, and may have to expose cables for inspection. i would not proceed any further till BC have been involved, else you may find yourself having no payment due to this muppet's stupidity.

If you explain to BC exactly what you have done pronto, they may let the homeowner get away with not uncovering the wiring for inspection. Maybe put something in writing to the homeowner stating that you have informed them on numerous occasions not to cover any wiring until inspection and that you will not be liable for any costs incurred as a result.

might get change out of a grand. membership, meter calibration, necessary publications, PL insurance , etc.

Reply to Who's resposibilty to inform building control in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am a home owner and our builder has completed a garage conversion with the electrician installing a new 4 way distribution board. The...
Replies
Views
This is a strange one, my neighbour is a bit mad, he had a largish extension built in about 2015, the builder attempted to do everything including...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
Had a lovely conversation/argument with building control this morning, the scenario is this, Completed job (4 flat rewire) EIC’s sent to client as...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock