Discuss Windows 7 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

acat

After a recent update for windows 7 I have found internet explorer sluggish and crashing on me. Is this happening to anyone else or is the pleasure all mine:(

Chris

Sorry mate, i was taking the ****.

I use a MAC and OSX is the operating system.

Its an awful lot better than vista but beware if you are using powesuite and download manager, the download manager part is not compatible with 7 and to be honest this is the first problem I have had with it.

Chris

(I also couldn't pass up the opportunity for a bit of a rip;)) But Cheers for clearing that up mate, I also have the chance for getting a 2 month old 14" mac for about £650.00 should I be snatching arms off?

(I also couldn't pass up the opportunity for a bit of a rip;)) But Cheers for clearing that up mate, I also have the chance for getting a 2 month old 14" mac for about £650.00 should I be snatching arms off?

If its on the shelf its obsolete google it and see what price its selling for new first.

Chris

Do you mean 13" Macbook?

If so, then yes!

:eek: Err yes that'll be the one (i think)

If its on the shelf its obsolete google it and see what price its selling for new first.

Chris

I have been told that they are brand new and were used for promotional reasons by an IT company and are now surplus to requirements, so they are selling some off.

I have just googled and the cheapest price is £850.00 so I had better extend the overdraft then.:eek:

Thanks for your help guys.

I had the same problem with ie on vista. switched too google chrome and not had any issues. seems better than the ie version and does not crash when i close a tab down

Hi,
I bought a Acer windows 7 laptop last Oct. I too found IE v slow.

I have binned IE and now use firefox. No probs at all. (Its free to download at firefox.com):)

Rgds

G

Uninstall it and then install Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, I gave up using Internet Explorer years ago - you just don't need to be told when something's 'Not Responding, its pretty obvious'!

Grrrrr!

Microsoft rant over.

The only browser you should be using is Mozilla Firefox. Try it out it is the best of the lot in my opinion.

It can be awefully intensive when you add alot of addons to it.

Get with Opera or Chrome, 2 of the fastest ones with simple interfaces, imo ofc.

:eek: Err yes that'll be the one (i think)

I have been told that they are brand new and were used for promotional reasons by an IT company and are now surplus to requirements, so they are selling some off.

I have just googled and the cheapest price is £850.00 so I had better extend the overdraft then.:eek:

Thanks for your help guys.

But but but....
You can get a better spec machine using the same manufacturers as apple use for under £500 BRAND NEW.
Why are you paying so much more for a shiny case?

Reply to Windows 7 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock