Discuss Wireless alarm system in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hellmooth

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Doing a rewire at the moment, the alarm system is a concept 6, the panel is goosed so is to be replaced, well it would be getting replaced anyway as everything is being done from scratch!

My question is regarding a wireless alarm system, is this a good option, I take it the PIR's are powered by batteries, how long do these typically last and does it cause issues when they run out?

Tel you could probably answer this as have seen you talking about this on other posts, cheers!

I am currently looking at the telecom premier elite mesh wireless systems for a couple of customers - I like the fact that being mesh the more sensors you add the better the network strength, wifi is also an option for monitoring from distance ( one customer it's a holiday home) via an app.

the telecom is properly wireless - most of the cheaper systems seem to require a hardware between control box, keypads and bell box where as these appear to be fully wireless.

i would be interested in people's thoughts on these?

cheers

paul
p.s. How do I get access to the cctv and alarm forum?

Texecom Ricochet is one of the best on the market IMO. I tend not to fit the Wfi & applications, they are just more hassle than they are worth, most customers what the security of a central station, or being alerted quickly. And unfortunately these apps are slow on texting etc.

Texecom Ricochet is one of the best on the market IMO. I tend not to fit the Wfi & applications, they are just more hassle than they are worth, most customers what the security of a central station, or being alerted quickly. And unfortunately these apps are slow on texting etc.

Just looked it up it says it is a wireless system? The premier 48?

Texecom Premier is wired system, Premier Ricochet is there wireless systems......both systems can be mixed and matched to suite your needs

Hard wired, you're spoilt for choice! Depends on budget and premises, but Scantronic, Texecom & ADE are my favorites for mid range, low to mid budget. Wireless, I've been using Pyronix and Texecom without any problems.

Hard wired, you're spoilt for choice! Depends on budget and premises, but Scantronic, Texecom & ADE are my favorites for mid range, low to mid budget. Wireless, I've been using Pyronix and Texecom without any problems.

How does it work if the batteries fail on a pir?

All good wireless makes give a low battery signal to the main panel well before they fail. If you are selling a maintenance agreement, just change batteries then and you dont have problems; otherwise customer just calls you to install new battery. Simples!

Mate had installed one system "Angel Wing" i think it was called, all the Alarms are linked up.
well the person who house he installed it, the Alarm went off in the middle of the night, some error...
As they were all linked they all went off.

She came around his house to give him the Alarm in the middle of the Night and he showd me it the next day with a Pillow Muffing out the sound, with Wall pluggs still attached...

Probably won't be selling a maintenance program but would make customer aware that batteries will need changing, just fancied the ease of wireless, do you go for wireless over wired now?

Thanks tazz - customer doesn't want central monitoring and I am not ssaib so don't believe I can fit a monitored setup anyway, they want to use it in conjunction with existing ip based cctv solution which covers inside and out.

speed of notification isn't huge issue so long as not stupidly long, more about being able to reset in event of false alarm without annoying neighbouring properties.

Probably won't be selling a maintenance program but would make customer aware that batteries will need changing, just fancied the ease of wireless, do you go for wireless over wired now?

For installs in occupied property I price for both types of system, but prefer wireless for ease of install. New build first fix, wired 80% of the time. And I agree with Tazz on the Apps etc, pita!

Last edited:

Reply to Wireless alarm system in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net