Discuss Wireless alarm system in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

i think i like wireless (these ones the guy got, connected up to each other so the whole house alarm went off)
I think Wireless is easier but people WONT test them.. maybe if you have a TEST Sheet or a REMINDER near the Meter.
How many people test their RCDs.. Ive not tested the Smoke Alarm as the Toaster dose that when you dont close the kitchen door.. and the CO2 tester i test when our sisters boy is near to make him jump..

--------

Yes as polo1 suggestion .. New Installl might as well do Wired..

If you go down the route of wired and depending on budget take a look at Cytech Comfort, it is a very sophisticated system that does a whole lot more than just act as a burglar alarm which can integrate with lighting systems, heating and all sorts of other stuff.

Mid range system is about £1k for the hardware and don't underestimate the the time to set it up properly.

i have fitted a couple of them, including my own home and it is complex system but amazingly flexible - it talks to my cbus install so different alarm types cause different lighting to either turn on or flash etc, controls the heating (holiday mode) and has the ability to have time windowed user codes - I.e. The cleaner can only log in on certain days and times or the gardener etc etc ( I wish I had the cleaner or gardener!!!)

paul

I fit quite alot of the Pyronix Castle Enforce 32 wireless alarms, well I have fitted probably 10 - 12 this year, I have never had any problems with them. The batteries in my experience last 2 - 3 years without the need to be replaced.

I also hook it all up to the phone line, its a doddle configuring it when you know how. Like I say I have never had a problem, it sends SMS messages to you within probably 5 - 10 seconds of it going off.

You can even now fit the GPRS module for approx £150 for a LAN version so that you can communicate with the alarm remotely via the iPhone App, so you can arm and disarm areas etc, check status and everything else.

I have never fitted a wired alarm and don't ever intend to, I like wireless. Like I say in my opinion they are very good and never had a problem, I have probably fitted 30 of these, all very happy customers. Make your own mind up, but I think they are very good.

If you go down the route of wired and depending on budget take a look at Cytech Comfort, it is a very sophisticated system that does a whole lot more than just act as a burglar alarm which can integrate with lighting systems, heating and all sorts of other stuff.

Mid range system is about £1k for the hardware and don't underestimate the the time to set it up properly.

i have fitted a couple of them, including my own home and it is complex system but amazingly flexible - it talks to my cbus install so different alarm types cause different lighting to either turn on or flash etc, controls the heating (holiday mode) and has the ability to have time windowed user codes - I.e. The cleaner can only log in on certain days and times or the gardener etc etc ( I wish I had the cleaner or gardener!!!)

paul

Sounds very good, but it comes at a price, it's more than just an alarm by the sounds of it.

I work for a security company and we also fit the Enforcers for the wireless option. Admittedly I'm not experienced with anything else but the ease of install and operation with these is a doddle

Just bought a texecom richochet kit the other day with some extra shocks sensors and pirs. I'll be fitting it in a couple of weeks. Looks very nice. Only thing Is, is that once the smart key battery fails it's a new smart key as the battery's aren't replaceable I don't think.

I fit quite alot of the Pyronix Castle Enforce 32 wireless alarms, well I have fitted probably 10 - 12 this year, I have never had any problems with them. The batteries in my experience last 2 - 3 years without the need to be replaced.

I also hook it all up to the phone line, its a doddle configuring it when you know how. Like I say I have never had a problem, it sends SMS messages to you within probably 5 - 10 seconds of it going off.

You can even now fit the GPRS module for approx £150 for a LAN version so that you can communicate with the alarm remotely via the iPhone App, so you can arm and disarm areas etc, check status and everything else.

I have never fitted a wired alarm and don't ever intend to, I like wireless. Like I say in my opinion they are very good and never had a problem, I have probably fitted 30 of these, all very happy customers. Make your own mind up, but I think they are very good.

Think you made my mind up for me UK, want an easy install without the cables, if you've fitted them and recommend it then that'll do for me.

Reply to Wireless alarm system in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net