Discuss Wireless Intruder Alarm Systems in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Moving into my first house in a few weeks and as there's no intruder alarm system currently installed I will be installing one. In order to save cable installation etc. I'm leaning towards wireless systems but have no experience with good models or brands.

Budget is probably max at £300 and I'd be looking for 5/6 contact sensors and 3+ PIR but I'm happy to source extras if the original bundle is less than this.

Any feedback or guidance appreciated.

texecom or gardtech600 would be my option. i know that the gardtech has hard wired bell and keypad/s. detectors are wireless.not sure about the texecom.

I install a lot of texecom stuff and think its good kit. Texecom ricochet is their wireless system and it is a good system. You can get them as a kit but it'd set you back more than £300, Programming is easier and quicker on a laptop but you need a coms lead.

The veritas is there most basic wired system and is pretty easy to install if you have the time to install the wires. It allows up to 8 zones and you could get everything you mentioned for about £200 i reckon.

Hi have a Yale wireless kit. 6 wireless window / door thingies. Wireless box. Dummy box. And wired keypad. Make me an offer it's yours. Used for 2 months max.

Hi have a Yale wireless kit. 6 wireless window / door thingies. Wireless box. Dummy box. And wired keypad. Make me an offer it's yours. Used for 2 months max.
it's yale, it's pants, bin job.

you could say to a burglarup against a yele alarm is that yale stands for >>>

You
Ain't
Leaving
Empty-handed.

I've done a couple of wireless but prefer wired. The wireless ones you have to set a reminder to change all the batteries to save doing them one by one as they run low.
I think the new systems are better at monitor battery status but the older ones were pants.

Reply to Wireless Intruder Alarm Systems in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net