Discuss wiring in conduit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

banny07

-
Arms
Reaction score
hi, I always use conduits when running cables for sockets and switches but some of my mates say you dont need it and cables can be burried straight under the plaster without conduit. Are they wrong or right?

Strictly speaking your mates are right. However I always use oval plastic conduit. I think it makes a better job. Also using conduit has got me out of trouble a couple times, when customers have changed their minds at the last minute:mad: and I've had to alter circuits.You can pull cables through witout having to dig half the wall out:):):).

Last edited:
they are right

but its good practice to enclose them behind plastic or steel capping or run them in oval conduit to protect from clumsy plasterers...its a lot easier than normal round conduit

as long as they are in the correct zones they can be buried straight in the plaster, but as has already been said if your not making good its advisable to protect from mr plasterer with some oval or similar ;)

Reply to wiring in conduit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, My first post so hopefully I am correct in posting it here. My question is, I am thinking of an IP rated outdoor socket for the back garden...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have two questions regarding wiring and containment on commercial property stairwells in Ireland. We are currently wiring a 3 story...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I intend to bury a 240 volt cable from my house to my barn about 7 metres as way. It will be buried under my tarmaced drive which I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two questions about domestic wiring In Ireland 1. Should conduit be used when passing multiple T&E cables (2.5mm) through a garage...
Replies
Views
HI All - need to run supply cables from the drivers to the ribbons in a new build. Its an ICF so will have min 10mm of plaster plus finish applied...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock