Discuss Wiring large industrial DBs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

brizospark

got quite a few large scale industrial DBs to connect up in the coming weeks. Have done a good few in my time and like to keep them as tidy as possible. i usually use the square cable tie bases to tie the cables to the inside of the DBs but thought I would ask you guys if you have any tips to produce a top notch finished job as some of you might have some ideas i haven't thought of. Also some pics would be great

We have around 30 DB's at work, not a single one has cable ties inside the boards.

Depends on your Dist' board brand but i use miniture tiewraps to keep the individual circuits neatly run around board but dont bunch seperate circuits together with tiewraps as you still have to remember the grouping factor effects, so if i have a 3ph/N/E of one circuit i would keep them neatly together with tie's but won't bunch them to other circuits, you can also use in some brands the back space of the central busbar carridge thus bring wires out directly adjacent to their fuse, if i have time il photo a d'board im on as a guide and post.

As darkwood said above, remove the central busbar pan assembly and run the wires behind. looks very neat and gives the cables air space unlike tie wraps. You can do this on Hager and Merlin I think. If you have a lot of RCBOs to go in, then this is a very useful method to give yourself plenty of space round the sides for your neutral leads.

As darkwood said above, remove the central busbar pan assembly and run the wires behind. looks very neat and gives the cables air space unlike tie wraps. You can do this on Hager and Merlin I think. If you have a lot of RCBOs to go in, then this is a very useful method to give yourself plenty of space round the sides for your neutral leads.

Crabtree Starbreakers also.

Agree with the comment regarding space & RCBO's too.;)

No clue was given to what size board it was.

I was hoping for a EE RedSpot 200A 3 Ph + n with 185's feeding and a bunch of 70's as the out going feeds.

there's me explaining about using the vacant area behind the carriage and merlin go and revamp their isobar boards... fitting the earthing bars at the top of the busbar carriage, although it buggers dropping into the cavity it does have its good points by leaving more space down sides for drilling etc ...Wiring large industrial DBs Dist board Merlin - EletriciansForums.net

Im only half way through so dont pull me on the SWA tray grouping lol... will be in groups of 3 when done.
Ive utilised tiewrap to keep cables of same circuit together but not to bunch the all up, but its only half done so will probably be tidied a bit when all cables in.

Reply to Wiring large industrial DBs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock