Discuss Wiring PIR sensors looping in and out. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

highspark

Should I be having problems with PIR security lights that are wired as a radial looping in and out from each light?

I have 3 in a radial controlled via a switch but having problems getting them to work right.

Any ideas? Is it because they are all linked? Back feed etc?

All lights have their own PIR sensors combined to their fittings. There are no stand alone sensors.

I haven't witnessed it as not been around at night but customers tells me light were flashin intermitently.

could one pir be tripping the others when activated? is the pir sensors reflecting off a wall etc? is a cat walking back and forth through the night?

So you're asking for a solution to a problem, that you're not sure is a problem? :confused:

Where are the lights positioned? Are there any sources for light pollution? Do they illuminate one another? What have you set the lux levels to? What are their current ratings? What is the switches current rating? Assume the cabling has been designed correctly?

Regards

Billy

Could you have run the loop out from the s/l of the first fitting causing the others to lose power when the first switches off then when it turns back on it automatically goes in to start up mode causing the repitive flashing for a few seconds

Tim

Think it's pretty obvious now that wiring these lights as a radial in parallel is not the problem that was the original question. Starting to doubt myself for a minute there.

Il explain more. Rather than your bog standard security lights these are a little more modern. They have four setting dials rather than the bog standard two.

Setting dial one. Dusk mode: 1-8 hours ?? Never seen these before!

Setting dial two. Time.(standard setting for amount of time lights stays on once motion is detected) Fine with that!

Setting dial three. Night or daylight. Fine with that.

Setting dial four. Dim bulb. Essentially a dimmer. But never seen this before on a light.

Shall I call a plumber?

ok sorry didn't noticed who posted this thread. uhhhm i guess if you can't work it out call a plumber they no everything about electrics.

Reply to Wiring PIR sensors looping in and out. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net