Discuss wiring question in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dave19

I have not found anyone who can answer this question.

I am putting up 110v temporary lighting.
The lights are a mixture of normal and emergencies.
All the emergencies have 4 cores (blue, brown, green/yellow and black)
The normals are weird as some have 3 cores and some have 4.
I have been told the lights are going to be switched (via a photocell I believe).
The cable from the sensor to each fitting will be a 4 core.
What will the connections be at each fitting ?
Each light has a small length of yellow with a spider box on the end of it containing a connector block.

Would really appreciate your help.

Dave.

The emergency lights will have a permanent live/switched live/neutral/earth if required. The normal will need a switched live/neutral/earth if required....the permanent live will be looped through the normal lights. 110v isnt quite the same as 230v in that there isnt a 'live and neutral' as such,but for connection purposes it is the same.
This is really basic stuff,if you don't understand how it works then I would suggest an electrician should install the lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. So to get this straight then. For emergencies brown, blue and earth and black will link up with the same colours from supply cable.
For the normals with a 4 core will it be the same as above ?
Also, for the normals with a 3 core are you saying you put a link on connector block to match up with the black on supply ?

I have not found anyone who can answer this question.

I am putting up 110v temporary lighting.
The lights are a mixture of normal and emergencies.
All the emergencies have 4 cores (blue, brown, green/yellow and black)
The normals are weird as some have 3 cores and some have 4.
I have been told the lights are going to be switched (via a photocell I believe).
The cable from the sensor to each fitting will be a 4 core.
What will the connections be at each fitting ?
Each light has a small length of yellow with a spider box on the end of it containing a connector block.

Would really appreciate your help.

Dave.
It is so obvious we thought you was taking the pi$$ to be honest, if your struggling with this basic wiring task then you should not be doing the job.

Also, for the normals with a 3 core are you saying you put a link on connector block to match up with the black on supply ?

I dont fully understand what you mean? Its pretty simple stuff...the black will be your permanent feed therefore any fitting not needing a permanent feed you simply block connect the black through...

Is the forum being cyber attacked?

A serious head injury earlier this year has not helped me in my day to day thinking l. Just wanted dome advice from a nice Electrician. My study was put on hold until next year but don't let it bother you if it is to much rlto ask.

dave. i assume then that you are a trainee, and as such you should be superved by a mentor in all the work you do. i suggest you aspply for the traineee section where your queries will be treated more leniently.

Dave your profile is pretty empty with no indication of your experience or qualifications, could you let us know what level you are at so we can tailor our replies to suit.
As also said if you are currently on a course you can apply for trainee access.

The terminals in each fitting will be marked with their function. We can't see those markings, so we can't say which wire goes where. If you understand the function of the terminals, you'll know how to wire them. If you don't, seek assistance with this job. You can be fairly certain that when a large group of experienced sparks can't answer a question, there's a problem with what you are asking.

I'm sorry I can't help myself...."A serious head injury earlier this year has not helped me in my day to day thinking l. Just wanted dome advice". Your having us on yeah? DOME advice for head trouble? I need to keep off here for a while.

i once had a serious wallet injury..... i got married. :daisy:

Reply to wiring question in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock