Discuss Worcester Bosch Greenstar 12\18 OIL combi Boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi.
I have to connect up a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 12\18 OIL FIRED Combi boiler with the following;

2 CHANNEL PROG
Zone 1- HW( no cyl stat. no external 2 port valve)
Zone 2- CH Rads (room stat,2 port valve.)

UFH - 1 zone only so no UFH wiring centre
(prog stat,ufh pump,2 port valve,)

I plan to connect all controls externally in a wiring centre but the wiring diagram for the boiler confuses me. Do I connect a L N E direct to the boiler and wire all controls through LS LR NS (removing link between LS and LR) or do I need to run cables to the connections marked L N DHW CH on the other side of the boiler? The plumber intends to use the built-in diverter valve for the HW side.
Any advice you guys can give would be gratefully accepted.
Thanks.

hw on from programmer to dhw terminal and heating switched live to ch only problem you will have will be with underfloor heating pump if the rad circuit is calling for heat then underfloor pump will also come on need to use relay to separate the two

Ok but what if I connect the ufh pump live with the brown of the ufh valve and NOT the orange of the ufh valve? A demand from the rad circuit will only backfeed up to this connection and no further?? So, if I'm using the dedicated HW and CH connections in the boiler do I need to run a L and N to this area aswell? Also, you're saying I don't touch the LS and LR connections and leave that link in circuit?

doing it that way would mean that your pump would start pumping before the valve opens not really a good idea as would be pumping to a dead end boiler needs a permanant live and switched live supply

Reply to Worcester Bosch Greenstar 12\18 OIL combi Boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net