Discuss Work trousers. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Simonslimline

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just wondering what brand of work trousers anyone uses/recommends.

I usually go for scruffs pro but the 2012 version which seemed the best are not available anymore.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

I second the Snickers,wore em; for twenty years. Quality materials,knee pockets for permanent pads,can wash them in boiling acid....

Expensive,but i'm worth it...have been told that a very good night can be had,for the same money...

Miss one night out...have yourself a snappy set of duds :aureola:

lightweight cargo pants. £17/pair... ebay. suits me

cant stand modern "work trousers". polycotton materials makes your bum overheat. too many pockets you look like a christmas tree in them, if I need to have tools on me then I got a nice toolbelt for that.
got a pair of levis jeans in my local charity shop, £2 value for money, wearing them daily for 4 months still going strong.

would go for a pair of carhatt on day, but theres no where to try them on locally, and dont fancy buying wrong size on the net.

Last edited:
Engelbert Strauss for me. Massive choice, very comfortable, more gloves than you can shake a stithy stick at! I'd unhesitatingly recommend them.

I'm still wearing blaklader trousers after years of use. My oldest pair must be 7 years old or more. Have repaired stitching in the pockets when tools have gone through, but the only fabric wear is on the kneepad pockets. Proper cotton, amazingly comfy, and super heavy duty but cost the blooming earth.

I'm with Andy78 on this one, I had a pair of Blackladers for ages, very strong, and really comfy, Plenty of pockets too, ensuring you never find anything you need first time... It was only an unfortunate incident with a tin of paint when I was fitting my bedroom carpet that got the better of them.

Snickers floor layers for me too. The knee pads last for ever and the material around the knee is kevlar i think so its much tougher than the normal material used.

OOhhhh blimey get you lot. I can see you all strutting your stuff with Kevlar knees and more pockets than a top end mattress.
I got some of those multi pocket jobs once, missus went mad when she went to wash them, took her half an hour to fill an empty jam jar with nuts, bolts, crimps, clips, odd lengths of sleeving, screws, wallplugs, wagos, bits of cut-off wire ends, various bits of tape, beer vouchers, sausage roll receipts from birds I didn't want her to see and even 2 "buy 6 get a free pint" Doombar cards from the local with only 5 stamps on. Now I stick to Tesco £5 jeans, much safer.

Reply to Work trousers. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net