Discuss Work trousers in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

screwfix were selling site holster work trousers for £25 a pair ,good quality,very similar to snickers and no, i didnt miss the h out of site

lad who comes along with us for a bit of experience went to great clothes...or someware like that and got some work trousers for £20 a pair.....they looked alrite..
hmm...
i might go get some caus my 3 pairs have seen better days....
in fact the arse all ripped on a pair the other day..

lucky i wasn`t going `commando` then wasn`t it.....

lad who comes along with us for a bit of experience went to great clothes...or someware like that and got some work trousers for £20 a pair.....they looked alrite..
hmm...
i might go get some caus my 3 pairs have seen better days....
in fact the arse all ripped on a pair the other day..

lucky i wasn`t going `commando` then wasn`t it.....

A Guy I work with always goes commando, doing a job in Germany and his trousers split, he had to go around with his sweatshirt tied around his waste all day as he couldn't leave the exhibition lol

the mind boggles, and after further consideration boggles again.

nothging on today, glenn? i just had a 2 downlights to add in a jeweller's shop. false ceiling, bloody soft fibreglass tiles. needed some backing to stop the springs ripping through the tiles. just cut a bit of the hardboard liner out the van's back door. fitted my 2 fittings with line products eggs. the existing 12 had choc blocks uninsulated to each transformer, no sheathing on transformer primary leads. to fix all that would have turned a £75 job into £200. where do you draw the line?

the mind boggles, and after further consideration boggles again.

nothging on today, glenn? i just had a 2 downlights to add in a jeweller's shop. false ceiling, bloody soft fibreglass tiles. needed some backing to stop the springs ripping through the tiles. just cut a bit of the hardboard liner out the van's back door. fitted my 2 fittings with line products eggs. the existing 12 had choc blocks uninsulated to each transformer, no sheathing on transformer primary leads. to fix all that would have turned a £75 job into £200. where do you draw the line?
so after some consideration you`v found your way in then....

I have 2 pair of Fristads, I got them online. Had them for 4 years and they are still in good nick. They were 40quid a pair which was a bit pricey I thought at the time, but looking back now they were worth it.

To the more expensive end I have some Blaklader pants. My oldest pair must be 8 years old and still rocking strong. Pretty much indestructible. Quite a heavy material though so a bit sweaty in lofts.

"Snickers or scruffs for me. Both are good, they are called holsters as well not flappy side things"

well said. abbreviating can be deadly. especially if this came up in the new 2391 exams. they will have you for not using correct BSEN abbreviations such as flappy side things haha

yep. correct terminology is important. flappy floppy pockets. FGS.

To the more expensive end I have some Blaklader pants. My oldest pair must be 8 years old and still rocking strong. Pretty much indestructible. Quite a heavy material though so a bit sweaty in lofts.
hmmm
molicoddled trousers eh....

they probaby havn`t seen much graft then in their 8 years...

Terminology is important. Especially in this case for the female sparkies among us.
"Got any inch and half eights I can pinch?"
"Yeah I think I've got a slack handful in my flaps you can have"

:whatchutalkingabout

Reply to Work trousers in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net