Discuss working abroad in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Yes, but not personally i might add!!

Some have been good, but others have been not so good. It basically depends on the management structure at the overseas location i'm afraid!! In general terms they are pretty much a professional company. ...Or were!!

The main project that i know most about was King Abdulaziz International Airport (KAIA) Jeddah , Saudi Arabia, which was an unmitigated disaster, design and construction wise!! lol!! That was the 3rd international airport constructed for Jeddah. They are i hear, now constructing a fourth!! Maybe fourth time lucky!! lol!! A right royal Yank f**k up all round!! I could tell a good few stories about that project!! ...lol!!

Oh really sounded like they had some interesting projects when I looked on their website just wanted to get some background information on such things such as pay etc etc what stories have you got then engineer54 ?

Oh really sounded like they had some interesting projects when I looked on their website just wanted to get some background information on such things such as pay etc etc what stories have you got then engineer54 ?

Can't tell you anything about pay, although on that project it was an all USD set-up (USD salaries)and at that time the Dollar Pound was not that far off 1 to 1 so mega bucks for UK/ European Engineers etc!! Conditions were pretty good too as far as i can remember from the friends that were on the project at the time....,

It wasn't all down to Fluor, That particular project also had another Yank organisation, Parsons Daniels i think was the name, always trying to save a buck in all the wrong places. The main contractor was a well known German company that i can't think of the name of at this moment. They were pulling their hair out most of the time, dealing with these two Yank management/consultant set-ups. They just wouldn't listen to Anyone, including the clients and the main contractor when potential problems were foreseen at the design stage or during the construction.

Reply to working abroad in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock