Discuss working in uk-from ireland in the Ireland area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TCB

apologies if this has been covered before im finding my feet around here:ninja: ive recently qualified as an elctrician in ireland i was fortunate enough to work for a large company and spent my time part of a maintenance team in a large factory, im hoping to continue in electrical maintenance and while there are jobs popping up over here every so often and ive attended interviews the feed back im getting is that im pipped to the post by someone more experienced each time, which i cat complain about!

im considering moving to austrailia but having signed up to jobsite uk there seems to be alot of maintenance oppurtunities in the uk and i would really like to spend the next 2-3 years plying and learning more in the right enviroment. im currently on a ten week knx course so il be finishing that in january and then making a move.

im aware i need the 17th edition exam, can i do this in northern ireland?
is the uk standards much different to the the irish etci regs?
also ive seen a couple of posts mentioning nvqs, i completed a level 3 project this year, is this sought in the uk?

any help much appreciated

There's always been differences in the regs between Ireland and the UK, especially in Eire. It's become more streamlined in recent years though. If you're in the UK get enrolled in a 17th Edition course in an F.E. college, not a advertising 'trainer'. The teaching will be better in F.E.

thanks for the reply davie, having searched the forum a bit more it seems i may be able to do the course in NI, id like to have as much as possible sorted before i go over as location isnt an issue for me

Reply to working in uk-from ireland in the Ireland area at ElectriciansForums.net