Discuss Working with incompatible Electricians in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

KennyKen

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just another rant.. was put with a new bloke last week. To say the least it's doing my head in. Don't want to drop the fella in it but it's coming to the point where I might have to have a quiet word. I would honestly rather work on my own. I get more done. Don't get me wrong I like banter. But work and talk or set a target and smash it then relax and have a chat. This guy can talk forever. Don't think I've seen him open his tool bag yet. Anyone else work with a Wally?

Just another rant.. was put with a new bloke last week. To say the least it's doing my head in. Don't want to drop the fella in it but it's coming to the point where I might have to have a quiet word. I would honestly rather work on my own. I get more done. Don't get me wrong I like banter. But work and talk or set a target and smash it then relax and have a chat. This guy can talk forever. Don't think I've seen him open his tool bag yet. Anyone else work with a Wally?
Yes one or two Kenny, I worked on the premise that as long as he didn't put my job at risk then leave it, but if he is working with you as a pair and not pulling his weight, then have a quiet word, I agree work first and then relax, difficult situation Kenny.

To my knowledge, I've only ever worked with one member from this forum. Also worked for a member, but that's another story.
As such I don't think slagging off someone you work with on here is a problem.
As an agency worker, I work with different people all the time.
Some good some bad.
I think there's only been one time I've had to ask for someone to be moved to another area of the job. A couple of youngsters, who because we were tucked away out of sight, seemed to think their mobile phones were more important than doing anything.

Perhaps, Kenny's post may have the desired effect on this bloke, without the need for a word, personally I thoroughly enjoyed working with a team, as a team member, actually it was an important part of the recruitment procedure.
I always found that the "bull in a china shop" approach was a counter productive one, alienate your work mates and this makes it more difficult, have a quite word, tell him the facts and see how it goes, by all means sometimes a good bust up does the trick, but only as a last resort.
I admit I did have one or two bust ups, but when you are working and playing together for 8 or 9 weeks, the smallest things get on your nerves, never actually came to blows, close a couple of time, but more than my job was worth to smack someone at work, did get a bloke sent home once though, for being a complete Smeghead.

To the OP, don't moan about it on a forum be proactive and stop mincing, tell the fcukwit to shut it and to get on with his work.

My girlfriend does tell me that I can be confrontational and abrasive and rub people up the wrong way. I just tell her it gets things done and if they don't like it they can F Off.

Oh and the tallow wasn't to be used for washing purposes.............. get the drift.

Fresh start tomorrow. I'm armed with ear plugs. A can of Linx spray. (Hot and sweaty here) the antagonist doesn't believe in using spray only soap.

You have my sympathies. I've had the displeasure of working with a couple of people who had a similar affliction, admittedly it was in office jobs but still, when they've got sweat patches the size of pancakes at 9am you know you're in for a nasally challenging time. It seems it's one of those things that particularly challenging to deal with... I used to get in trouble for offending people with a rant but the stinkies carried on unchallenged so as to not offend them! :mad:

You have my sympathies. I've had the displeasure of working with a couple of people who had a similar affliction, admittedly it was in office jobs but still, when they've got sweat patches the size of pancakes at 9am you know you're in for a nasally challenging time. It seems it's one of those things that particularly challenging to deal with... I used to get in trouble for offending people with a rant but the stinkies carried on unchallenged so as to not offend them! :mad:
As the TV advert says they must be Nose blind. Yes it's very off putting when you are bent over doing a CU change and Mr or Mrs Stinky come in to give you a hand,
Can you imagin the combined odour from those two?

Reply to Working with incompatible Electricians in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net