Discuss Worried About A Possible Job Scam in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BeatoX

hi guys i recently received a job offer from a company called steel tech construction and something just doesnt seem right about the letter and i am worried this may be some sort of scam check out the email

We refer to your earlier application submitted for job engagement with relations to Steel-Tech Construction Company Project in UK and job reference number: ************ (blanked for obvious reasons)

We have in file your Cv/Resume and job application. After the evaluation of these documents we found you qualified to work with our Team.

On the above subject matter, the Steel-Tech Construction Company management hereby congratulates you on your successful application.

Further details are as follows

DESIGNATION/POSITION: Electrician

MONTHLY SALARY: GBP ÂŁ3, 500.00 Pound Sterling

Your contract and appointment Letters are included in this Email, please kindly go through the contract and appointment letter if you find accept our terms and conditions acceptable to take up employment with Steel-Tech Construction Company, kindly fill and sign the forms and return them to me via Email or by fax.

The Information listed must be filled into the contract letter form Your Resumption Date, Monthly Salary and position.

1. Job Location: United Kingdom

2. Contract Duration: 24 Months

3. We shall provide 3 times meal only at every working day only.

4. Full insurance cover shall be provided for all employees by our company.

5. We shall provide transportation that will transfer all workers from house to the site and also we shall also provide transportation that will also transfer worker back to their worker's lodge at the closing of work every day.

6. We shall provide full accommodation for all workers throughout the 24 months contract terms.

7. Our Admin Manager will be at the air port to welcome you upon your arrival into United Kingdom

8. All traveling documents like entry visa approval letter, work permit and others will be provided by our reliable travel agent here in UK

We advise you to contact our travel agent for the processing of your traveling documents and booking of air ticket.

Travel Agent Name: JCB Travel Center Travel and Tours

IATA Registration Number: **********
Hot Line Te: +447031884642
Fax: +44705-381-9751
Email: [email protected] ---- [email protected]
Address: Ellismuir Way Glasgow Lanark Shire Scotland G71 5QAWorking Details

1. You will be working with our Construction Department in United Kingdom.

2. Working Hours is Six (6) working hours per day with full overtime paid where necessary, you will also be giving 1 hour resting time every day.

3. You will be working at the Construction site with all other employee.

4. We shall provide 3 times meal only at every working day only.

5. Full insurance cover shall be provided by our company

6. We shall provide transportation that will transfer all worker's from house to the site and also we shall also provide transportation that will also transfer worker back to their worker's lodge at the closing of work every day.

7. We shall provide full accommodation in United Kingdom.

something about that letter just doesnt seem right especially the bit about booking flight and being meet at the airport plus my contact email ends in a gmail account rather than a business address

Last edited by a moderator:
There is according to companies house a steel-tech consrution based in Hamilton, Lanarkshire.
Phone them .
This does seem like a scam. they will proberbly ask for your bank details for payment into your account next :eek:

The email reads like it was written by a Nigerian scammer to be honest. And a quick bit of googling on the name throws up an advert on an African B2B site. It may well be genuine, but I doubt it. Personally, I'd walk away.

Had a quick google for steel tech construction scam and got about a gazillion results! Apparently, though, the company the scams are related to is working out of austin, texas. Same company? Who knows. Where are you anyway, whats all this 'flying you into the UK' malarky??

I would be very very weary about this. I am not in industrial work but I'm not sure even top level electrical engineers pull 3,500 a week in this day and age, let alone just electricians. Seems too good to be true to me, but then again it could be proper.

its ÂŁ3,500 a month a but even at that its still a lot :D like i said considering the email address i have for them is a gmail account it makes me very wary to hand anything over on the other hand i can across the job on a legit employment web site so it may be a genuine job offer and all they want me to do is sign and date 2 contracts which list terms of employment

Alarm bells are ringing ÂŁ42,000 a year in the UK why advertise abroard you can get sparks in ths country for less:eek:

7. Our Admin Manager will be at the air port to welcome you upon your arrival into United Kingdom

2. Working Hours is Six (6) working hours per day with full overtime paid where necessary, you will also be giving 1 hour resting time every day.

8. All traveling documents like entry visa approval letter, work permit and others will be provided by our reliable travel agent here in UK

The above are just a few which makes me think it is a scam .

Last edited:
Yea, great innit.
'Want to get out of this eastern European hole and make a real living in the wonderful United Kingdom?
Make some proper money to send home to mama and papa.
Find somewhere civilised for you and your missus to bring up the kids?
We can make it happen!
All we require are 3/4 of all the wages you will ever make!
And we'll want to put your sister on the street.
And burn your kids with cigarettes and put them on the internet.
And if you don't want to repay your debt to us, no worries!
We'll just murder all your family back home!
For this small cost, you win the grand prize, my friend
Life in a bedsit above a stinking chip shop in Burnley.
With blacked out windows to fool the immigration services'

God bless the Albanian mafia.

lol sounds .... fun :(

the supposed office isn't far from my gaff so i will take a wonder over 2moro and check it out not holding my breath though

Oh I love the Burnlese, mate, lovely people. But Burnley itself, well, it's hardly the Coe d'Azur, is it?

That said I'm from Newport, total hole but I loves it!

The guys in Nigeria say "please kindly" all the time.....I have seen and heard of lots of scam job adverts, and also I have seen an advert that looked suspect, phoned the company who were unaware of the advert and they investigated it and took legal action on the website where it was posted to get it taken off as it was using their good name to trick jobsearchers, these adverts will often be semi polite, which makes you overlook their oddness, and they are hoping for a shopping list of personal details, the rest they can get off the births marriages and deaths online register for a pound or steal from your facebook etc,before you know it they take out a credit card in your name and get it posted to their cousin over here.
A friend of mine who is an Electrician went on Holiday to see his daughter and grandchildren in Australia at Christmas a few years ago, he went out one night to a restaurant with the family and went to pay the bill, he had all of his cards declined, and plenty of money to cover it, he had cash on him and used that then he phoned the Bank over here who asked him....Are you in Australia?...he said yes, I am in Sydney I told you I was going here....they said "for security reasons we have cancelled all of your cards and issued new ones which will be with you in the next day or 2 with a courier" when he asked why they told him that although he had been out of the country for over a week, somebody else had just used his card, or a copy of, to spend 3 and a half grand in Glasgow city centre buying 2 brand new plasma tv's in 1 go..

hi guys i recently received a job offer from a company called steel tech construction and something just doesnt seem right about the letter and i am worried this may be some sort of scam check out the email

something about that letter just doesnt seem right especially the bit about booking flight and being meet at the airport plus my contact email ends in a gmail account rather than a business address
For God's sake mate, please please please trust your instincts. If it don't feel right - and even if you're a paranoid skitso, trust your gut feeling. I ALWAYS operate by that feeling. You have a human instinct for a reason. Use it. And keep us informed please mate.

any genuine company would not make a tenth of the mistakes . it's obviously foreign, probably african . don't tell em anything.

chaps this thread is 10 months old... talk about grave digging!!! mind you i wonder if he got the job!

probably sat in some cage on the Somalian beech getting poked with a stick!

Reply to Worried About A Possible Job Scam in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net