Discuss Worried Student in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently doing a Level 3 City and Guilds course in Electrical Installation, I have a written exam next week and really need some help, if I fail I will lose my job, my past exams have all been multiple choice questions. I would be most grateful for any help or advice.
Thank you

What exactly is the exam covering, and what do you need to know!
Basic advice is read, then re-read the question to make sure you know what you are being asked. Watch the time and make sure you don't spend too long on any one question. Remember to designate units - ohms, mAmps etc.
Take a deep breath, don't panic and just do your best

I would echo the read the question and understand the question before you answer it.

Do your revision for the exam, you should know the areas that you are going to cover so make sure you are in touch with the right sections of your notes and reference books to keep it fresh in your mind.

Remember that the exam is not a spelling or writing test so do not worry too much about these aspects just make sure it is comprehensible and correct.

Answer the questions you are sure of first as then you will have the best chance of building up marks.
If you spend an hour getting it wrong on a complicated question and do not answer ten other simple questions then you will be losing out.

Do not waste time waffling in the question just get down the information required in the format required. Short and to the point. But do cover all that the questions asks.

Good luck.

I would echo the read the question and understand the question before you answer it.

Do your revision for the exam, you should know the areas that you are going to cover so make sure you are in touch with the right sections of your notes and reference books to keep it fresh in your mind.

Remember that the exam is not a spelling or writing test so do not worry too much about these aspects just make sure it is comprehensible and correct.

Answer the questions you are sure of first as then you will have the best chance of building up marks.
If you spend an hour getting it wrong on a complicated question and do not answer ten other simple questions then you will be losing out.

Do not waste time waffling in the question just get down the information required in the format required. Short and to the point. But do cover all that the questions asks.

Good luck.

search

Good luck.
What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reply to Worried Student in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net